Mar 2008: Chief Constable Michael Todd Probed Rendition Dead

With the creeping in of fascist/far-right military political killings in the UK this section looks at strange deaths of police, forces personnel & killings such as that of Diana Princess of Wales made to 'look like' an accident who was assassinated because she challenged the cult of secrecy and manipulation at Britain's crooked Royal Family.
keithm
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: bournemouth

Mar 2008: Chief Constable Michael Todd Probed Rendition Dead

Post by keithm »

UK Police Chief Who Investigated Rendition Found Dead

The chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, Michael Todd, has been found dead.

British Police Chief Investigating Torture Flights Found Dead whilst walking in the welsh mountains.

apparent suicide,yeh right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also its very strange that he was walking in the mountains, while the country was being warned about hurricane force storms.

Gone to join David Kelly and Robin Cook.

camillas bodyguard as well!!!!!!!
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave
Posts: 4513
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:41 pm

Re: British Police Chief Investigating Torture Flights Found

Post by Mark Gobell »

keithm wrote:The chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, Michael Todd, has been found dead.

British Police Chief Investigating Torture Flights Found Dead whilst walking in the welsh mountains.

Now that makes sense.

From The Telegraph, June 2006:
The Telegraph wrote:Britain did not allow CIA 'torture flights' to use its airports to take terror suspects out of Europe, chief police officers have said.

Police deny 'extraordinary rendition' flights
Liberty has refused to accept the inquiry's findings

An 18-month inquiry examined claims by human rights group Liberty that "extraordinary rendition" flights chartered by the US government through the CIA landed in the UK - before spiriting away terror suspects.

Liberty called for the probe - and last night refused to accept the findings.

Michael Todd, chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, agreed to probe the allegations on behalf of the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo).

Just 19 days since the incredibly trustworthy, Milliband, apologised to the House of Commons for the lies of his right honourable predecessors.

Chief Constable Todd, was appointed as 3rd Vice President of ACPO from 1st April 2006.

11 months and 9 days prior to going walking in the Welsh mountains during an expected and well publicised, very severe storm. (Described by the BBC tonight as a 1 in 5 year, "Weather Bomb"). I digress.
Securizine wrote:ACPO Presidential Team

All members of the new ACPO Presidential Team have now been appointed.

From April 2006 the team will be:
President - Mr Ken Jones
Vice-President - Mr Matt Baggott (Chief Constable Leicestershire Constabulary)
Second Vice-President - Sir Hugh Orde (Chief Constable Police Service Northern Ireland)
Third Vice-President - Mr Mike Todd (Chief Constable Greater Manchester Police)
It's 113 today too. Or is it 311?

Dick Marty.

Watch your back.

Oh and don't go hill walking.

It can be very, very dangerous.
The Medium is the Massage - Marshall McLuhan.
User avatar
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 am
Location: All Power To The People, No More Power To The Pigs
Contact:

Post by PaulStott »

Looking at another website, one poster stressed reports that Todd's friend, a father of three, had died and this had upset him.

Perhaps he was struggling with his sexuality, in a traditionally homophobic workplace, and that, coupled with pressure from his family, was too much?

One other point comes to mind. The police presumably go in for a huge amount of psychological testing etc, designed to weed people out with depression and related problems.

Hasn't worked in this case has it?
jomper
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:08 pm

Post by jomper »

Are you seriously suggesting he killed himself in the mountains because he was a depressed repressed homosexual?
conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 pm

UK top cop who led CIA probe found dead

Post by conspiracy analyst »

Scotland, fresh air, mountains?
Robin Cook all over?

UK top cop who led CIA probe found dead


By ROB HARRIS, Associated Press Writer Tue Mar 11, 2:45 PM ET

MANCHESTER, England - A city police chief who led an investigation into charges that Britain cooperated with secret CIA flights to transport terrorism suspects without formal proceedings has been found dead, his deputy said Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester Chief Constable Michael Todd, 50, was found dead in Snowdonia, about 240 miles northwest of London, Deputy Chief Constable Dave Whatton said. He had been missing since going out for a walk Monday during his day off.

Whatton said the body, which was found Tuesday afternoon, had not yet been formally identified but he believed it was Todd.

He said a coroner's inquest would investigate the cause of death and did not give any further details.

Todd was elected vice president of the Association of Chief Police Officers of England and Wales in 2006, according to a biography on his Web site.

The association gave him the task of looking into accusations that Britain allowed the CIA to use the country's airports to fly terrorism suspects to other countries without any extradition hearings, a clandestine procedure known as "extraordinary rendition."

Todd's investigation concluded last June that there was no evidence to back the claim. Last month, however, Britain admitted one of its remote outposts in the Indian Ocean had twice been used by the United States as a refueling stop for the secret transfer of two terrorism suspects.

He and his wife had a daughter and twin sons.
paul wright
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:40 am
Location: Sunny Bradford, Northern Lights

Post by paul wright »

Yes. He also took a public Taser blast in order to prove this wasn't too unhealthy or perhaps fatal
Maybe he spoke too soon
sycorax82
Minor Poster
Minor Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:12 am

Post by sycorax82 »

Did he have a heart attack AND break his neck like Robin Cook, I wonder....

Apparently 'suicide is understood to be one line of inquiry' and 'letters addressed to his family were also found' along with other 'personal effects' of his 200 yards away from the body.

The Mountain and Rescue team reported a mysterious black helicopter hurriedly taking off and fleeing the area minutes before the body was found. OK so that's not true... 8)
User avatar
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor
Posts: 18429
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:03 pm
Location: St. Pauls, Bristol, England
Contact:

Post by TonyGosling »

I'm afraid he is ;-)
:salute:
jomper wrote:Are you seriously suggesting he killed himself in the mountains because he was a depressed repressed homosexual?
keithm wrote:Camilla's bodyguard as well !!!!!!!
Yes, a double whammy - the same assassination squad?? What were the timings and places of these two?? Come on Gordon - we can't have death squads on the loose!!!


Or was this an extra-judicial execution for treachery?
A ninja?
The mind boggles.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ght109.xml
It was claimed CIA flights have flown into the country more than 210 times since 2001. The aircraft were alleged to have been carrying terror detainees to other countries where they may have faced torture.
advertisement
The ACPO findings contradict the conclusions of a report published yesterday by human rights watchdog the Council of Europe.
That report claims the US and its NATO allies reached a secret agreement allowing the CIA to hold high value detainees in Europe.
A statement released by Acpo said: "The issue of rendition has been aired extensively in the media and has featured prominently in official reports over a recent period of months.
"Mr Todd has now examined all of the information available relating to this issue and has concluded that there is indeed no evidence to substantiate Liberty's allegations.
"There was no evidence that UK airports were used to transport people by the CIA for torture in other countries.
"There was nothing to substantiate the claims in the evidence supplied by Liberty."
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 8502749205
User avatar
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 am
Location: All Power To The People, No More Power To The Pigs
Contact:

Post by PaulStott »

jomper wrote:Are you seriously suggesting he killed himself in the mountains because he was a depressed repressed homosexual?
It is slightly more plausible, at this stage, than saying he was executed for opposing US rendition flights.
jomper
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:08 pm

Post by jomper »

I'm keeping an open mind, but there is at least evidence that he was investigating rendition flights (it's a matter of public record of course) whereas the suggestion that he was gay seems to come purely from your imagination - or at least, your italicisation.

The guy had three kids. I know that's no evidence that he ipso facto wasn't gay, but it's a big assumption on your part that he was, isn't it? Even your assumption that he was depressed is bordering on fantasy in the absence of evidence beyond "the report of a friend".
Jayhawk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:41 am

Post by Jayhawk »

Sorry but am I missing something? Todd's inquiry found no evidence of rendition flights, thus toeing the govt line, so why would they want to kill him?
onion3000
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: Kent

Post by onion3000 »

"Sources have revealed notes addressed to Mr Todd's family were found close to where his body was discovered on Snowdon in north Wales. " (BBC News site)

Written on very heavy paper apparently, as winds were reaching 80 knots for all those hours before his body was discovered.

"An inquest into Mr Todd's death is to be opened and adjourned at Anglesey Council chamber on Thursday afternoon." (BBC news site - emphasis mine)

Suggesting its outcome is already decided?
User avatar
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by rodin »

Jayhawk wrote:Sorry but am I missing something? Todd's inquiry found no evidence of rendition flights, thus toeing the govt line, so why would they want to kill him?
You don't know what he might have stumbled onto
Belief is the Enemy of Truth www.dissential.com
User avatar
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 2223
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by rodin »

Glad I dropped by today. Very Kelly/Cook/Smith all this. Two hits eh? What is the score with the Camilla guard? What did he find out?
Belief is the Enemy of Truth www.dissential.com
onion3000
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: Kent

Post by onion3000 »

Further to my comments above, I would add that the walkers who stumbled across the body must have been nuts to be hiking in that sort of weather - I hope they had a good reason to be there.
User avatar
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 am
Location: All Power To The People, No More Power To The Pigs
Contact:

Post by PaulStott »

jomper wrote:I'm keeping an open mind, but there is at least evidence that he was investigating rendition flights (it's a matter of public record of course) whereas the suggestion that he was gay seems to come purely from your imagination - or at least, your italicisation.
I was quoting what someone had said on another website (Meanwhile At The bar.org) which was at least consistent with the reports of personal problems, and that his family had never joined him in living in Manchester.

It also appears from the reports that there was an intense period of activity before his body was found, with Greater Manchester Police regarding him as missing for many hours, reporting that there were concerns about the tone of telephone conversations he was having, and an intensive search to find him.

The main thing I am curious about is the suggestion that the Home Secretary was not informed until his body was found - I would have thought if one of the top 5 cops in the country was missing, and had made phone calls that suggested he was cracking up, she should have been informed at a very early stage of developments.
keithm
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: bournemouth

Post by keithm »

perfectly timed to coincide with the budget,

keeping it as the leading story to a minimum.
User avatar
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor
Posts: 18429
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:03 pm
Location: St. Pauls, Bristol, England
Contact:

Post by TonyGosling »

'Slightly more plausible' to the BBC and the credulous ;-)

Certainly this death is highly likely to be related to this pivotal Rendition investigation in some way.

Maybe he was about to come out with an apology?
Some new facts or a revised report?

His Rendition cover-up amounted to serious professional malpractice and this murder or suicide, may have been his Karma kicking in. Whether self-inflicted or otherwise.
PaulStott wrote:
jomper wrote:Are you seriously suggesting he killed himself in the mountains because he was a depressed repressed homosexual?
It is slightly more plausible, at this stage, than saying he was executed for opposing US rendition flights.
alfsevic
Minor Poster
Minor Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:52 am

Post by alfsevic »

User avatar
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 am
Location: All Power To The People, No More Power To The Pigs
Contact:

Post by PaulStott »

Interestingly the BBC has said today texts were sent from his phone to people which "caused concern for their safety and his own"..............
User avatar
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor
Posts: 18429
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:03 pm
Location: St. Pauls, Bristol, England
Contact:

Post by TonyGosling »

Perfect timing 'to bury bad news' - you're quite right.
keithm wrote:perfectly timed to coincide with the budget,
keeping it as the leading story to a minimum.
keithm
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: bournemouth

Post by keithm »

Why would the head of police commit suicide in the middle of nowhere where he knows it would tie up all the emergency services. Surely he is far to professional for that and also he would be putting their lives at risk considering the weather.

he must have been aware of the weather forecast as it had been the leading story for a few days previous.
User avatar
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 am
Location: All Power To The People, No More Power To The Pigs
Contact:

Post by PaulStott »

keithm wrote:Why would the head of police commit suicide in the middle of nowhere where he knows it would tie up all the emergency services. Surely he is far to professional for that and also he would be putting their lives at risk considering the weather.
Perhaps, but your point reminds me of a colleague in the rail industry who was working on the need to reduce suicides on railway tracks.

He stated at a meeting that people need to be encouraged to commit suicide responsibly.

But the whole point of many suicides is that people see no other alternative and are utterly desperate - being responsible is often the last thing on their mind...........
User avatar
Shoestring
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:47 pm

More suspicious evidence

Post by Shoestring »

Check this out from the Telegraph:
Questions have been raised about the rescue operation after teams searched for Mr Todd for 12 hours in the wrong area.

After the alert was raised at 1am on Tuesday a cell site analysis pinpointed his mobile phone 10 miles from where he actually was.

A police helicopter and rescue dogs searched in vain until some walkers found some of Mr Todd’s personal belongings at 1.30pm.
Source
conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 pm

Post by conspiracy analyst »

Apparently in one of these free rags on the way home it is reported he had girlfriends hence he was depressed and committed suicide.

This seems to be the new fashion in causing depression. Having a woman on the side leads you to commit suicide.

You couldn't make any of this up even if you tried. Half the MP's, top business leaders would have committed suicide by now.

Why would his mobile not be near where he died?
Will they carry a post-mortem or hold the body in secret for a few years until the can get the paper work sorted to carry one out?
Why didn't they want him to be top dog?
He wasn't jumping to the tune of 7/7 and the secret state?
conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 pm

Post by conspiracy analyst »

Did ACPO Really Investigate CIA Torture Rendition Flights Thoroughly?
June 9, 2007 — RickB


CIA ‘torture’ flights alleged to have taken terror suspects out of Europe did not land at UK airports, senior police officers have said. An 18-month inquiry was conducted after human rights group Liberty claimed such flights were chartered by the US government and landed at British airports over 210 times since 2001.
Liberty has refused to accept the findings of Greater Manchester Police’s chief constable, Michael Todd, who agreed to probe the allegations on behalf of the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo).

A statement released by Acpo said: “There was no evidence that UK airports were used to transport people by the CIA for torture in other countries. There was nothing to substantiate the claims in the evidence supplied by Liberty.” Liberty director Shami Chakrabarti has accused Acpo of “spin” and questioned whether there had in fact been any investigation. She said the group had received a letter from Acpo today “refusing” to investigate.

So wait ACPO say they are not investigating to Liberty, then have a press release saying there is no evidence for the CIA flights amongst ‘available’ evidence. This stinks, we need to know how many officers investigated, who was questioned, what documents were seen and/or requested, how much money was spent on the investigation.

Mr Todd has now examined all of the information available relating to this issue and has concluded that there is indeed no evidence to substantiate Liberty’s allegations. “There was no evidence that UK airports were used to transport people by the CIA for torture in other countries.”

Because at the moment it looks like only one man- Todd, looked into this and he only examined the ‘information available’ whatever that means. Otherwise this stinks of a very dishonest whitewash to cover up the govts. knowledge and subsequent lying about the rendition program. I think the stakes are high because Blair may be found to have lied to parliament as will other senior NuLabour *.

This release came out as soon as the results of Marty’s investigation were announced and Todd is very well know for being a media savvy Chief Constable who idolises Norman Schwarzkopf and George Patton!, I think this is spinaganda (and if that term doesn’t exist, I just invented it, maybe it’s sunstroke) by the establishment to protect their complicity in criminal activity.

http://tinyurl.com/2kdj2v
conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 pm

Post by conspiracy analyst »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 292662.stm
Top officer sent 'worrying texts'

Michael Todd
Michael Todd's body was found on Snowdon

Michael Todd profile
Greater Manchester Police chief Michael Todd sent a series of "worrying" text messages before he was found dead in north Wales, the BBC has been told.

Mr Todd, 50, was found dead about 100m from the summit of Snowdon on Tuesday afternoon, his body covered in snow.

There was no sign of trauma on his body and the north Wales coroner said a post-mortem examination had found "no obvious cause of death".

The inquiry into his death is looking at the possibility of suicide.

Mr Todd had been off-duty on Monday and had spent the day walking in the Welsh mountains.

The alarm was raised after he sent the messages to various people, which caused concern for their safety and his own, the BBC has learnt.

Map

The search for him began in the early hours of Tuesday but it was later in the day that hill walkers reported seeing a body near the summit of Snowdon.

His body was found on part of the mountain called Bwlch Glas at about 1500 GMT, with some of his outer clothes missing.

Sources said Mr Todd was found lying down on a sloping track next to a bottle of spirits.

Tests have found no obvious signs of trauma, suggesting he did not jump or fall to his death.

Further tests are being carried out to determine if any alcohol or drugs were in his blood.

Coroner Dewi Pritchard Jones said the post-mortem examination took place on Wednesday morning.

He added: "We're hoping to have the toxicology done by tomorrow morning."

A number of letters addressed to his loved ones have since been found but police said no letters were found at or near the scene of his death.


Michael Todd (pic: Neilson Reeves)
As a force we feel a huge loss with Michael, but it pales into insignificance to the loss his family are facing
Assistant Chief Constable David Thompson

Officers' tributes

An inquest into Mr Todd's death is to open on Thursday.

The father-of-three, who lived in a flat in Manchester city centre, was known to have previously separated from his wife.

The BBC has also learnt that Mr Todd suffered from bouts of depression, and had previously threatened suicide.

On Wednesday, a series of front line officers gave their tributes to their former chief, while Assistant Chief Constable David Thompson described Mr Todd as one of the "world's best police leaders".

"He put the Great back into Greater Manchester by his charismatic leadership, the trust and confidence he placed in all our staff and the new and innovative thinking he brought to the challenges we face and, of course, his unique sense of fun," said Mr Thompson.

He said crime was down in Greater Manchester since 2002 when Mr Todd joined the force, which he had turned into an "effective crime fighting organisation".

But he added: "As a force we feel a huge loss with Michael, but it pales into insignificance to the loss his family are facing. And we're offering them all the support we can at a really terrible time for them."

One officer - 32-year-old Pc Geoffrey Hince - described Mr Todd as a great leader whom he was honoured to work for.

"He was just a copper's cop. He wanted to get out there, he wanted to feel people's collars, he got out there in the thick of it," said Pc Hince.

Books of condolence have been opened at Manchester Cathedral and online at the Greater Manchester Police website.



Daily Post
Top cop's body identified

Mar 12 2008 By Eryl Crump

THE body of Greater Manchester chief constable Michael Todd was formally identified at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor this afternoon.

A post mortem is being carried out by pathologist Dr Tony Caslin to determine the cause of death.

North Wales Police said: "The body found in Snowdonia yesterday has been formally identified, by a colleague from Greater Manchester Police, as that of Chief Constable Michael Todd.

"The family have been informed and are receiving the necessary support."

North west Wales coroner Dewi Pritchard Jones said an inquest will be opened into Mr Todd's death at Llangefni tomorrow and he has asked the pathologist to outline his preliminary findings.

Mr Jones said: "Initially, it was just going to deal with evidence of identification but that has changed because of the post-mortem examination and because of all the rumours and stories floating around. Some are absolutely incorrect.

"The pathologist will give a preliminary report of his examination at that opening. And we are carrying out further work - histology and toxicology work is being carried out."

Meanwhile police inquiries to determine the cause of Mr Todd's death continue in North Wales and Manchester.

The highly respected Chief Constable was found dead in Bwlch Glas on Snowdon yesterday afternoon after being reported missing by his official police driver on Monday night.

Colleagues said he was off-duty on Monday and had gone walking in Snowdonia. The weather was poor with high winds and snow in the hills and Mr Todd may have slipped and fallen to his death.

But suicide has not been ruled out and some sources claim letters addressed to his family have been found.

For more on this story see Thursday's Daily Post
uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Leeds

Post by uselesseater »

So according to the reports he was found in this area:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 1&t=h&z=18

Image
User avatar
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor
Posts: 18429
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:03 pm
Location: St. Pauls, Bristol, England
Contact:

Post by TonyGosling »

Presume that is the top railway station. I wonder whether the mountain railway was running any scheduled services or specials?
Was he going to meet a contact there?
Like David Kelly?
User avatar
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 6:02 am

Post by blackcat »

Greater Manchester Police chief Michael Todd sent a series of "worrying" text messages before he was found dead in north Wales, the BBC has been told.
The alarm was raised after he sent the messages to various people, which caused concern for their safety and his own, the BBC has learnt.
Couldn't anybody with his 'phone have sent these?

A number of letters addressed to his loved ones have since been found but police said no letters were found at or near the scene of his death.
So were these letters discussing the weather or describing a holiday or what? It is typical BBC drivel to make a statement which leaves people to imply letters to relatives that are "worrying" when in fact they may be no such thing. Of course the BBC can say they never said they were but in the context of their report the spin is blatant.
"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
Post Reply