DON'T MAKE FORUM CRITICISM OR ABUSIVE PERSONAL REMARKS ON THE FORUM If you have a grievance of some sort about a post here first try to sort things out with whoever you have the problem with using Private Messages (PMs) or Email.
FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE NUMBER 2
Always have a good look around using the search facility to see if there are old topics you can add to before posting a new one.
If you find yourself getting nowhere get in touch with the site moderators, using PMs, who, if they deem it important enough, will share and discuss your concerns with other moderators.
I post here the suggestions of Justin on how we should communicate with each other to prompt a discussion about how these boards should be managed/moderated.
* These principles have since been added to by me (TonyG).
Forum Rules - designed to achieve real teamwork amongst 9/11 Truth activists:
- 1. Always treat people as you wish to be treated yourself.
2. Respect for moderators and the website, abslolutely no abuse of or mind games with moderators.
3. Always be polite with your e-mails and PMs - even if you disagree vehemently.
4. If making a 'new post' take the time to make sure it hasn't already been posted using the site's search facility and be sure to put it in the correct section.
5. A degree of humility is not a bad thing – leave your egos at home.
6. Always keep a sense of humour – a shared laugh defuses all sorts of situations.
7. Embrace the philosophy of non-violence and peaceful protest.
8. Don't post PMs or other private communications on the public forum without the permission of the originator.
9. Do your utmost not to go public with personal issues and then only after making attempts to resolve issues one-to-one.
10. Pervade a Spirit of Goodwill at all times – always try to be positive in the face of adversity.
11. React and respond quickly to approaches made by people as well as events and don't be put off by failure.
12. Look out for one another – a 'well done' goes a long way.
13. No unkind comments directed at terror attack survivors or victims' families, or their representatives.
14. No consistent posting of inappropriate trivia and questions which can easily be answered using a search engine.
15. No discussion Denying the Holocaust or pushing the Protocols of Zion.
16. No public requests for private information... by PM only.
17. No aggressively sarcastic PMs (see no 2 above)
18. No legal threats
Any contravention of these rules may lead to your immediate suspension or banning by any of the moderators depending on the severity of the rule break.
Always post in the appropriate section and use the search facility to add to existing topics wherever possible.
Special note on the discussion of violence:
Anything against the above which is drawn to the moderators attention may mean the offending user is warned, suspended (usually for 2 days or 2 weeks), confined to critics corner or possibly banned. Users will usually be warned, suspended or sent to critics corner before being banned.acrobat74 wrote:Without a single exception, violence always favours the establishment and the oppressors.
So apart from being morally wrong, using violence is also strategically daft: it's the best way for one to become a useful idiot.
If you feel you have been suspended wrongly or for too long please email one of the admins
Special note on discussion of The Nazi Holocaust
Any discussion of the minutiae of the Holocaust and/or use of the word 'Jew' as an insult and you'll be suspended/banned. Holohoax is a vile, racist and unacceptable term. There was a racist (communist/gypsy/trade unionist/Jewish) holocaust between 1934 and 1944. Anyone who doubts that is a Nazi apologist.
Special note on so-called 'shills' (deliberate disrupters, paid or unpaid)
If you believe any user is deliberately disrupting proceedings on a thread, particularly one you have started or are participating in, please PM one of the moderators with a few paragraphs or sentences explaining why you think they are dodgy. Use post URLs to identify specific infringements. Right click the little document symbol in between the poster's username and the word 'posted' just to the right to get the direct URL of the post.
You can contact the editors and moderators here
Tell us how you wish to see these boards developed.
In addition to these guidelines, I suggest that we explicitly say that all other sections of the forum both public (and this private section) are only for supporters of the campaign (i.e they accept the need for a further inquiry)
We have a (hopefully small) section on the public forum which is explicitly for posters who wish to challenge and debate the assumption of the campaign that a further investigation is essential.
So therefore if we do get trolls we can politely ask them to post in this section for 'non-believers' and if they refuse they get barred. After all there are plenty of places in cyber space to debate IF 9/11 was an inside job, this site is principally for those who accept that it was....