FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

90 Years Of Oppression For Palestine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackbear
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: 90 Years Of Oppression For Palestine. Reply with quote

This month marks the 90th anniversary of the signing of the Balfour Declaration... the official beginning of the occupation of Palestine.
The sun might have set on the British Empire but millions are still suffering from their occupation , including the Palestinians. Below is a Special Report from the Palestine Chronicle about this infamous Declaration.
How long will it be before Palestine sees a Declaration of Independence? The time is long overdo.....

Balfour Declaration

But Britain should apologize to the victims of its colonialism for the injustice that it had inflicted upon them by erecting a racist colonialist state on the ruins of their society.
By Hasan Afif El-Hasan

The Palestinians today are dispossessed and oppressed. The vast majority is either living under occupation or in refugee camps across the Middle East or living as second class citizens inside Israel deprived of their human rights. The British owe the Palestinians an apology for planting the seed of the disasters that have befallen them beginning ninety years ago. Britain never apologized for giving itself the right to grant a national home for the Jewish people in Pa! lestine against the will of its Arab population who constituted 93 percent of its inhabitants. Just in case somebody forgot, let us review the story of the British colonialists in Palestine............

http://desertpeace.blogspot.com/2007/11/40-60-actually-90-years-of-opp ression.html.............

The British colonialists gave themselves the right to grant a national ! home for the Jewish people, in a territory the British conquered by force, without consulting with its Arab Palestinians who constituted 93 percent of its inhabitants. It was the cruelest act of colonialism. Lord Curzon wrote to Colonel French on August 4, 1919 that the terms of the Mandate for Palestine included the enforcement of the Balfour Declaration and “This should be emphasized to Arab leaders at every opportunity and should be impressed on them that the matter is a ‘chose jugèe’ and continued agitation would be useless and detrimental”.

No apology can make up for the suffering of the three generations of Palestinians who were driven out of their homes or treated as second class citizens and deprived of their human rights and dignity. But Britain should apologize to the victims of its colonialism for the injustice that it had inflicted upon them by erecting a racist colonialist state on the ruins of their society. Britain should ac! knowledge its major roll in making it possible for the Zionists to deprive the Palestinians of their land property and their human rights. Britain can prove its sincerity by making the necessary changes in its policy in the Middle East by supporting a just peace.
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Theresa May wants British people to feel 'pride' in the Balfour Declaration. What exactly is there to be proud of?':
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/balfour-declaration-israel-palesti ne-theresa-may-government-centenary-arabs-jewish-settlements-a7607491. html

'....heresa May told us that Britain will celebrate the centenary of the Balfour Declaration this summer with “pride”. This was predictable. A British prime minister who would fawn to the head-chopping Arab autocrats of the Gulf in the hope of selling them more missiles – and then hold the hand of the insane new anti-Muslim president of the United States – was bound, I suppose, to feel “pride” in the most mendacious, deceitful and hypocritical document in modern British history.

As a woman who has set her heart against immigrants, it was also inevitable that May would display her most venal characteristics to foreigners – to wealthy Arab potentates, and to an American president whose momentary love of Britain might produce a life-saving post-Brexit trade agreement. It was to an audience of British lobbyists for Israel a couple of months ago that she expressed her “pride” in a century-old declaration which created millions of refugees. But to burnish the 1917 document which promised Britain’s support for a Jewish homeland in Palestine but which would ultimately create that very refugee population – refugees being the target of her own anti-immigration policies – is little short of iniquitous.

The Balfour Declaration’s intrinsic lie – that while Britain supported a Jewish homeland, nothing would be done “which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine” – is matched today by the equally dishonest response of Balfour’s lamentable successor at the Foreign Office. Boris Johnson wrote quite accurately two years ago that the Balfour Declaration was “bizarre”, a “tragicomically incoherent” document, “an exquisite piece of Foreign Office fudgerama”. But in a subsequent visit to Israel, the profit-hunting Mayor of London suddenly discovered that the Balfour Declaration was “a great thing” that “reflected a great tide of history”. No doubt we shall hear more of this same nonsense from Boris Johnson later this year......'

outsider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tremendous interview with a brave, decent and honest ex-IDF soldier; if only there were many more like him, the Israel/Palestine problem would be resolved:

'Israeli Army Vet’s Exposé – “I Was the Terrorist” – The Empire Files':
https://trofire.com/2017/03/06/israeli-army-vets-expose-terrorist-empi re-files/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: