FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC Licence Fee: time to Complain, Switch Off or Not Pay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCLUSIVE: Fake social media accounts used to smear Labour supporters & undermine Corbyn
April 3, 2018 Mark Jameson
https://www.thepileus.com/uk/fake-social-media-accounts-used-to-smear- labour-members-and-jeremy-corbyn/

The Pileus has discovered further evidence of right-wing activists posing on social media as ‘disillusioned’ Labour supporters and fake accounts being used to spread abusive and threatening messages, in the the guise of Labour activists. All of this, in a bid to undermine support for Jeremy Corbyn.

‘Sheila’ and ‘Jason’: Spot the difference.
All over Facebook underhand Tory activists have been busy copying and pasting duplicate messages, usually verbatim, as seen above. They have posted them in political groups which are followed by many thousands of people. They have done this in a bid to break morale among genuine Labour supporters.

Tory activist ‘Sheila’ (featured in the image below), posted the disillusioned Labour supporter message into a Facebook group with over 95,000 members:

This fraudulent message was posted in a Facebook group with over 95,000 members.

Sheila issued this post in a Facebook group with over 95,000 members.

Note the casual bigotry on display in this tract: “Izzard… can’t decide whether he’s male or female…”

After a quick look at Sheila’s Facebook profile, it wasn’t long before her pretense of being a genuine Labour supporter, disillusioned or otherwise, was betrayed by this little oversight — Sheila seemed to have forgotten about the ‘Vote Conservatives’ Twibbon embedded in one of her old profile pictures!

Her Vote Conservative avatar dates back to April of last year. Yet today she claims to be a ‘disillusioned Labour supporter’. However, I discovered that numerous other eagle-eyed Facebook users had also cottoned-on to this crude attempt to deceive:

And she would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for these meddling kids!
And she would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for these meddling kids!
Shiela’s deception is not an isolated case. I was sent a link to the following message, spotted in The Great British Political Debate Facebook group, which had been posted by one Raymond. As you can see, this is a carbon-copy of the very same disillusioned Labour supporter message that Sheila published, simply copied and pasted into another large Facebook group popular with Labour members:

Does this message sound a tad... familiar?
Does this message sound a tad… familiar?
And, just in case the bigotry contained within the much-reproduced disillusioned Labour supporter message was too subtle for some, Raymond followed this up with further abuse aimed at Eddie Izzard:

Abusive and dehumanising: "I don't think I'd sh*g it..."
Abusive and dehumanising: “I don’t think I’d sh*g it…”
Note here that Raymond refers to Eddie Izzard as “it”.

Many such duplicated Facebook posts seem to have disappeared, presumably deleted by admins or their publisher. However, a number of variations on the ‘disillusioned Labour supporter’ theme have been surfaced, as we see from the post posted in another Facebook group (below) from Jason:

Initially, I believed that this particular Facebook post might have come from a genuinely dissillusioned Labour supporter, as I hadn’t seen these words duplicated anywhere else. Nonetheless, I thought I’d take a quick look at his personal Facebook page, to find out if Jason was linked to any other political groups. Within seconds I discovered that, yes, he is:

Recent convert Jason?
Recent convert Jason?
Whilst these accounts appear to belong to real Tory activists (hence my decision to partly obscure their names), many other Facebook accounts used in this deception appear decidedly fake. Unlike those featured above, many seem to have been created very recently, with few status updates and few likes, or friends — i.e., generally inactive.

This ploy, whereby right-wing activists pose as Labour supporters in a bid to help turn public opinion against Corbyn, has not been confined to Facebook. It seems to be part of a much wider strategy rolled out across other social media platforms.

However, some of the skulduggery I discovered on Twitter was of a more sinister nature.

Abu Hussein: This account seems to have been used exclusively to issue tweets of this nature.
Abu Hussein: This account seems to have been used exclusively to issue tweets of the same violent nature.
This evidence demonstrates the most extreme kind of political infiltration undertaken by those who seek to undermine Jeremy Corbyn.

Another, more graphic threat of violence.
Another, more graphic threat of violence.
The ‘Abu Hussein’ account has been used to engage in Twitter conversations, with messages of incitement to violence against Jews. All of this, whilst sporting an full-sized header photo depicting a caricature of Jeremy Corbyn with text that reads ‘Vote Labour’. The bio for this account reads: ‘There is no God but Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah #JC4PM” and the account’s handle is @AbuHusseinLab. Whoever created this account seems to have been very keen to make a link between Jeremy Corbyn and violent antisemitism as persuasive as possible.

The fake Abu Hussein Twitter account: Not too subtle?
The fake Abu Hussein Twitter account: Not too subtle?
A journalist using Twitter, Asa Winstanley, raised the alarm after another Twitter user had used a ‘reverse image search’ app and discovered that the avatar used by the fake ‘Abu Hussein’ account had been taken from a dating website.

The 'Abu Hussein' account was reported to Twitter Safety, though it has not been removed.
The ‘Abu Hussein’ account was reported to Twitter Safety, though it has not been removed.
More specifically, the avatar used for this account seems to have been taken from a 28 year-old Jordanian man, named Ahmed, who resides in Hungary.

The avatar used for the 'Abu Hussein' account was matched to a photo stolen from a dating site, belonging to a 28 year-old called Ahmad, who lives in Hungary.
The avatar used for the ‘Abu Hussein’ account was matched to a photo stolen from a dating site, belonging to a 28 year-old called Ahmad, who lives in Hungary.
Whilst the ‘Abu Huseein’ account has a relatively small number of followers, none of them are remotely affiliated with the Labour Party. In fact, with the exception of a handful non-political Southeast Asian followers, all other accounts following the ‘Abu Huseein’ account are themselves fake accounts… whose tweets consist, predominantly, of ads to buy more Twitter followers.

It’s very easy to amass hundreds, even thousands, of fake followers on Twitter in a very short space of time. This can easily be achieved in a matter minutes. Anyone seeking to lend an air of authenticity to a fake Twitter account can visit a variety of media companies, such as Fiverr and Followersgain, who offer such services for a small fee. Once the payment has been received through their websites, these companies will immediately add to your account how ever many fake followers you’re prepared to pay for.

Fake followers: fake accounts often do no have header photos and sometimes do not have avatars either.
Fake followers: fake accounts often do no have header photos and sometimes do not have avatars either.
Note: By the time I documented this image, the owner of the account had deleted all of their tweets.

One anomaly that struck me as a possible oversight was the fact that the ‘Abu Huseein’ account was following a Councillor from the far-right political party For Britain — Why would somebody posing as a Labour Party supporter follow a Twitter account belonging to a Councillor from a minor far-right party? For Britain was founded by the anti-Islam activist Anne Marie Waters, in 2017. Their Twitter content seems to consist largely of Islamophobic and Anti-Corbyn tweets.

There are many other examples of these dark practices being utilised for political ends, as Skwawkbox recently reported: Alive Terry, Tories, ‘abuse’, fake accounts, UKIP trolls and Jess Phillips’ apology.

We have no means of tracing this evidence back to any particular person, so we cannot ascertain the source of these fake accounts. It may be that these cases are indicative of a centralised and highly-orchestrated operation, or it may be a case of like-minded lone wolves using uncannily similar methods. We can only speculate. Of course, Twitter holds information on these accounts which could be of use to police, such as, when and where Twitter members logged into their account. However, if police wished to obtain such data, they would need to apply for a court order in California — a process that can be very expensive.

Sadly, it seems highly doubtful that this scandal will be picked up and reported on by the UK’s powerful right-wing media who, perversely, have made use of such criminal behaviour in an endeavor to give the illusion of credence to their own attacks on Labour supporters and Jeremy Corbyn. And so, the demonisation of Labour members and their leader has remained largely unchallenged. Meanwhile, the media turns a blind eye to the abuse experienced by Labour MPs, such as Diane Abbott, and prominent Labour-supporters, like Owen Jones. They have received appalling levels of abuse, on a daily basis, for many years.

It seems that the only prospect of exposing this malaise is to persistently call out those media outlets that continually exacerbate the problem. Moreover, I believe it is vital that we nurture and support new, grassroots media.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'BBC cuts reporter after he mentions MI6 involvement in torture. Look at Jo Coburn's reaction':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxC8hrMhM6A

I put a couple of comments on it:
'Hmmm, like they lost Jane Standley's feed from New York on 9/11when she inadvertantly reported the WTC had collapsed, twenty minutes before it did. And the BBC claim to give us unbiased news?'
'But, heck, don't despair! There is an extremely promising meeting in Covent Garden next Tuesday (15th May) at the Seven Dials Club at 19:30: '9/11 Justice:Every Nation, Every Citizen'. Check it out.'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: