FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Climate Change really man-made?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

remarkable similarities to the Breaking Bundy Ranch story in the States Wink

see http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=22306

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
item8

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://climatism.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/greenpeace-co-founder-no-evi dence-global-warming-is-caused-by-humans/

Quote:
GREENPEACE Co-Founder : No Evidence Global Warming Is Caused By Humans

Posted: March 6, 2014

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: For years the left has been spinning their lies about global warming, all in an effort to push through their radical agenda. Watch this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS)

AL GORE, FORMER VICE PRESIDENT, DEC. 6, 2012: Dirty energy causes dirty weather, and we have to come to our senses and do something about it.

SECRETARY OF STATE JOHN KERRY, FEB. 16: We do not have time for a meeting anywhere of the Flat Earth Society.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA, JAN. 28: But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact. And when our children’s children look us in the eye and ask if we did all we could to leave them a safer, more stable world with new sources of energy, I want us to be able to say, Yes, we did.

(END VIDEO CLIPS)

HANNITY: Well, they’re about to have a harsh reality check from my next guest. Patrick Moore is co-founder of Greenpeace, and he says that there’s zero — let me repeat, zero — evidence the Earth is warming because of human activity.

He joins us now for an exclusive interview you’ll see only here tonight on “Hannity.”

Mr. Moore, welcome to the program. Thanks for being with us.

PATRICK MOORE, FORMER GREENPEACE MEMBER: Nice to be with you, Sean.

HANNITY: All right, I have felt this, and I’ve interviewed many people over the years. I agree with you, but I’m surprised that it came from your mouth. Explain.

MOORE: Well, actually I left Greenpeace a long time ago. I was one of the original founders. I was with them for 15 years in the top committee. But by around the mid-’80s, they turned sharply to the political left and began to adopt positions that I could not accept from my scientific background. I have a Ph.D. in ecology and I am very well-versed in all the biology subjects, as well as climate change.

And I just had to come out and express what I have been studying for the last 25 years, that there is actually no scientific proof. It’s not really about evidence so much, it’s more about an actual scientific proof that humans are the main cause of the slight warming that has happened in this world over the last 100 years or so. In fact, the world started warming back after the little ice age about 250 years ago.

And the climate change panel of the United Nations is saying since 1950, we have been the main cause of warming of the Earth. Yet during the first half of the 20th century, there was a warming period about identical to the warming period to occurred in the last half, and they’re not claiming that we caused that. They’re not really saying what they think caused that.

So there is simply no logic to saying that we know for certain. That’s why they use the term “likely”. Actually, they say “extremely likely,” which is no really different than saying “likely.” It’s just their opinion. In other words, it is a judgment that humans are causing the warming, rather than any kind of scientific proof.

HANNITY: When the president says the debate is settled, when the secretary of state says that we’re not going to — we have no time for a meeting with the Flat Earth Society — five years ago, Al Gore predicted the north polar ice cap would be completely ice-free. And guess what? There’s plenty of ice.

What do you think is driving this agenda? Because I have my own theory on it. I just want to get your thoughts. Is there an agenda driving it?

MOORE: It is a powerful convergence of interests among a very large number of elites, including politicians who want to make it seem as though they’re saving the world, environmentalists who want to raise money and get control over very large issues like our entire energy policy, media, for sensationalism, Universities and professors for grants. You can’t hardly get a science grant these days without saying it has something to do with climate change.

It is a kind of nasty combination of extreme political ideology and a religious cult all rolled into one, and it’s taken over way too much of our thought process and way too much of our priorities. There are millions of children dying every day from preventable vitamin deficiencies and diseases, and we are spending hundreds of billions of dollars on a problem that may not exist.

Nobody’s saying that the Earth hasn’t warmed a little bit. What we’re saying is there’s no proof that it is human activity that has caused this little bit of warming.

What we’re also saying is this little bit of warming is actually good for most species on planet. Ice and frost are actually the enemies of life. And for the Earth’s life history, it has been much warmer than it is today and CO2 was much higher than it is today.

People need to study the long history of the Earth. These true believers in climate change are only looking at the last 100 years. That is a blink in nature’s eye. We’ve had billions of years of climate history in this world, and if you look at just the half billion of them, the most recent half billion, you will see that CO2 is lower now than it has been through most of the history of life on Earth, and so is the temperature.

Continue transcript and 6 minute Video here »

see also:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2569215/Humans-not-blam e-global-warming-says-Greenpeace-founder-Patrick-Moore.html
SelenaBreman
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cell phone jammer is an interesting and helpful device when we don’t want to be bothered by the cell phone noise. I just bought myself a cell signal blocker the other day,it is working great and BTW, it’s legal here in my country.
item8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/06/23/Global-warming-Fa bricated-by-NASA-and-NOAA

Quote:
Global Warming 'Fabricated' by NASA and NOAA

by James Delingpole and Kit Eastwood 23 Jun 2014

Scientists at two of the world’s leading climate centres - NASA and NOAA - have been caught out manipulating temperature data to overstate the extent of the 20th century "global warming".

The evidence of their tinkering can clearly be seen at Real Science, where blogger Steven Goddard has posted a series of graphs which show "climate change" before and after the adjustments.

When the raw data is used, there is little if any evidence of global warming and some evidence of global cooling. However, once the data has been adjusted - ie fabricated by computer models - 20th century 'global warming' suddenly looks much more dramatic.

This is especially noticeable on the US temperature records. Before 2000, it was generally accepted - even by climate activists like NASA's James Hansen - that the hottest decade in the US was the 1930s.

As Hansen himself said in a 1989 report:

In the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases — in fact, there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country.

However, Hansen subsequently changed his tune when, sometime after 2000, the temperatures were adjusted to accord with the climate alarmists' fashionable "global warming" narrative. By cooling the record-breaking year of 1934, and promoting 1998 as the hottest year in US history, the scientists who made the adjustments were able suddenly to show 20th century temperatures shooting up - where before they looked either flat or declining.

But as Goddard notes, the Environmental Protection Agency's heatwave record makes a mockery of these adjustments. It quite clearly shows that the US heat waves of the 1930s were of an order of magnitude greater than anything experienced at any other time during the century - far more severe than those in the 1980s or 1990s which were no worse than those in the 1950s.

These adjustments, however, are not limited to the US temperature data sets. Similar fabrications have taken place everywhere from Iceland to Australia.

The fact that supposedly reputable scientists can make these dishonest adjustments and get away with it is, notes long-time sceptic Christopher Booker, one of the more remarkable anomalies of the great climate change scam.

When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data, as in that ludicrous “hockey stick” graph, pretending to prove that the world had suddenly become much hotter than at any time in 1,000 years. Any theory needing to rely so consistently on fudging the evidence, I concluded, must be looked on not as science at all, but as simply a rather alarming case study in the aberrations of group psychology.
outsider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Runaway Climate Change? Reply with quote

Methane Blow-Holes Sign of Runaway Climate Change?:
http://ecowatch.com/2014/08/02/methane-blow-holes-climate-change/?utm_ source=EcoWatch+List&utm_campaign=2d8d6945b4-

'Scientists think this mysterious crater may be a giant methane blow-hole that signals the beginning of runaway climate change.

They are calling the point when frozen arctic methane in Canada, Alaska and Russia starts erupting into the atmosphere dragon burps.

Dragon’s mouth … a crater recently discovered in the Yamal Peninsula, in Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Russia. Russian scientists said that they believe the 60-meter wide crater could be the result of changing temperatures in the region.

Check out this story that contains graphs showing such elevated methane levels that they labeled them WTF.

Rising trend ... the “dragon’s breath” methane spikes have been recorded eight times in the past 22 years.

Rising trend … the “dragon’s breath” methane spikes have been recorded eight times in the past 22 years.

If you have ever wondered whether you might see the end of the world as we know it in your life time, you probably should NOT read this story nor study the graphs or look at the pictures of methane blow holes aka dragon burps.

I think Dr. Jason Box, who has highlighted the appearance of dangerous spikes in methane above Siberia, sums it up best, “If we don’t get atmospheric carbon down and cool the Arctic, the climate physics and recent observations tell me we will probably trigger the release of these vast carbon stores, dooming our kids’ to a hothouse Earth.”

item8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are relentless. There is no drivel to which they will not turn to tell us we are all doomed. The fact is the Earth has been cooling for the last 15 years and recent sunspot activity indicates we are returning to the kind of winters that were common in Victorian times. There is no problem. The Climate is constantly changing. The Arctic is not unusually warm. The Antarctic ice sheet has been increasing for years. Polar bears are not threatened with extinction. It is all a pack of lies intended to soak the gullible public through unnecessary taxes.
outsider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: 38 degrees Reply with quote

38 Degrees is a very good and powerful organisation, brilliant on many fronts, including the NHS/Hospital fight.
We need to make alliances with good organizations, like 38* & Stop the War (I know to date we have not had much success).
An opportunity presents itself tomorrow morning (see Forum 'Calendar'), but a much bigger one on 21st September:

'There are certain moments in history when the very act of people coming together can force change. September 21st 2014, The People’s Climate March, could be one of those moments. Will you be part of it?

In just over a weeks time the UN is holding an urgent climate meeting with all the world's major leaders. [1] The day before they meet, people across the globe will take to the streets. It will be the biggest climate march in history - aimed at convincing politicians to do what’s needed.

It’s a huge task to drown out the lobbying power of the super-rich dirty coal and oil industries. Which means we need big numbers to hit the streets. 38 Degrees members could play a key role in making the march in London as big as possible.

Are you in? To change everything, we need everyone. Can you join the march in London? Click here to RSVP:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/climate-march-london

The solutions to climate change are clear. Politicians just need to agree to implement them. And people power is the best thing to force them to do it.

The UN climate meeting is happening in New York and thousands of people will be taking to the streets there. There will also be marches across the world - from Australia, to Ghana, to India - all on one historic day. So we need the march in London to be huge too.

David Cameron, our Prime Minister, must be in no doubt that we want him to take action on climate change. For the sake of our children and grandchildren, we can’t wait. In the UK, climate change means extreme rainfall more often, so that’s more devastation like last winter’s floods. [2]

The march through central London is a real team effort, loads of different organisations are involved like Avaaz and Oxfam. It would be great to have as many 38 Degrees members there as possible.

38 Degrees members are going to meet up beforehand so we can march together. There’ll be signs and banners, or you can bring your own.

Will you be there?
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/climate-march-london

38 Degrees members have a strong track record of coming together to protect our environment. Sometimes that means signing petitions, or emailing decision makers. But it can also mean coming together in person at crunch moments. Not everyone will be able to make it on the day, but those who can will represent us all.'

In hope,

Becky, Amy, Maddy and the rest of the 38 Degrees team

PS: More information on the march can be found here:
http://blog.38degrees.org.uk/2014/09/09/join-the-peoples-climate-march  /

NOTES:
[1] The Guardian: New York summit is last chance to get consensus on climate before 2015 talks:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/sep/04/new-york-summit-is- last-chance-get-consensus-on-climate-before-2015-talks
[2] The Guardian: Climate change making extreme rainfall in England more likely:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/apr/30/climate-change-extr eme-rainfall-england-flooding

And next time you're called a 'Truther', reply, 'I'd rather be a Truther than a Liar'!
'Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights!' as Bob Marley sang, before he was poisoned by the CIA.

item8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a counter march protesting the gigantic hoax that is "Man made climate change"? Every time I see these dupes wasting their time and effort "protesting" in favour of action to prevent mmcc I despair of humanity. There are enough REAL problems in this world without inventing any to tax the hell out of us. Roll on another freezing cold winter caused of course by global warming caused of course by man's activities. Which reminds me - I must clear those icicles from my greenhouse bench which have been caused by the 90f temperature within.
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many believe it to be a 'hoax', but most, including myself, believe it to be real. But I don't believe we are going to be able to stop it.
item8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed that someone who sees through the lies of the official version of 9/11 can be fooled by the equally inane official pack of lies that is the "Man made climate change" scam. They are part of the same agenda to usher in a NWO. 9/11 to give them the powers to remove our hard won liberties (in order to fight "terrorism") and mmcc to enable them to have a global "crisis" which only global "governance" can deal with. Just as the 9/11 official version of events is riddled with ridiculous "explanations" and blatant lies so is the mmcc nonsense. The only explanation I can think of is that you have done no research.
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

item8 wrote:
I am amazed that someone who sees through the lies of the official version of 9/11 can be fooled by the equally inane official pack of lies that is the "Man made climate change" scam. They are part of the same agenda to usher in a NWO. 9/11 to give them the powers to remove our hard won liberties (in order to fight "terrorism") and mmcc to enable them to have a global "crisis" which only global "governance" can deal with. Just as the 9/11 official version of events is riddled with ridiculous "explanations" and blatant lies so is the mmcc nonsense. The only explanation I can think of is that you have done no research.

They do not need 'Climate Change' to fuel their 'Global Governance' (NWO One World Government) plans.
They already control much of the weather by Chemtrails and HAARP technology (although they seem to have found a much better way of implementing HAARP technology without the Alaska facilities).
GMO's, Factory Farming, fertilizers-pesticides-insecticides-herbicides and intense agricultural monoculture farming all heavily add to the man-made climate change gases. Traditional farming methods have an almost nil effect on adding CO2 to the atmosphere, because it is taken up by the plants and trees (which are being decimated big-time - you really believe deforestation doesn't have a huge effect on global warming?).

item8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is zero evidence that CO2 causes "Global Warming" and in the past levels of CO2 in the atmosphere have been much higher than at present and it coincided with a flourishing of plant and animal life. CO2 is not a pollutant any more than water is. It is consumed by plants. The levels of CO2 in the past came AFTER periods of a warmer climate and did not precede or cause warmer conditions. There is plenty of evidence that a warmer climate would be beneficial to life but unfortunately it appears that we are heading for colder times in spite of the bull we are being fed about the greenhouse effect.

As for deforestation causing increased levels of CO2 - great. Maybe we will be able to grow grapes in Yorkshire like the Romans did. Unfortunately in spite of man's efforts we will never be able to have any noticeable effect on the atmosphere or increase its temperature. We need to manage finite resources and of course there are REAL problems caused by over exploitation but "Man Made Climate Change" is not one of them.
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I's useless continuing this exchange. We both think differently, and it is not a subject I have great interest in; I believe we are not going to change the outcome no matter what we do.
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

item8 wrote:
There is zero evidence that CO2 causes "Global Warming" and in the past levels of CO2 in the atmosphere have been much higher than at present and it coincided with a flourishing of plant and animal life. CO2 is not a pollutant any more than water is. It is consumed by plants. The levels of CO2 in the past came AFTER periods of a warmer climate and did not precede or cause warmer conditions. There is plenty of evidence that a warmer climate would be beneficial to life but unfortunately it appears that we are heading for colder times in spite of the bull we are being fed about the greenhouse effect.

As for deforestation causing increased levels of CO2 - great. Maybe we will be able to grow grapes in Yorkshire like the Romans did. Unfortunately in spite of man's efforts we will never be able to have any noticeable effect on the atmosphere or increase its temperature. We need to manage finite resources and of course there are REAL problems caused by over exploitation but "Man Made Climate Change" is not one of them.

As I said, I don't want to get involved with this subject, but here is a link which agrees with your view:

Antarctic sea ice - record high:
http://freecriticalthinking.org/daily-pickings/1103-antarctic-sea-ice- record-high

item8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://investmentwatchblog.com/more-than-1000-international-scientists -dissent-over-man-made-global-warming-claims/

Quote:
More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims
September 19th, 2014

It’s a shocking 321-page report assembled by The Climate Depot:

It names names. It lists reasons for the dissent.

Reality is engineered consensus. But when that doesn’t work, “experts” just assert there is a consensus when there isn’t.

“What the hell, let’s just say that ‘everybody agrees’ manmade warming is destroying Earth and we have ten minutes to solve it, and let’s get our friends in the press to shut out the naysayers. You know, media blackout.”

http://cfact.org/pdf/2010_Senate_Minority_Report.pdf

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/un-climate-change-1000-sc ientists-say-no/

Here are a few excerpts from the boggling Climate Depot report:

“We’re not scientifically there yet. Despite what you may have heard in the media, there is nothing like a consensus of scientific opinion that this is a problem. Because there is natural variability in the weather, you cannot statistically know for another 150 years.”
— UN IPCC’s Tom Tripp, a member of the UN IPCC [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] since 2004 and listed as one of the lead authors and serves as the Director of Technical Services & Development for U.S. Magnesium.

“Please remain calm: The Earth will heal itself — Climate is beyond our power to control…Earth doesn’t care about governments or their legislation. You can’t find much actual global warming in present-day weather observations. Climate change is a matter of geologic time, something that the earth routinely does on its own without asking anyone’s permission or explaining itself.”
— Nobel Prize-Winning Stanford University Physicist Dr. Robert B. Laughlin, who won the Nobel Prize for physics in 1998, and was formerly a research scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

“The dysfunctional nature of the climate sciences is nothing short of a scandal. Science is too important for our society to be misused in the way it has been done within the Climate Science Community.” The global warming establishment “has actively suppressed research results presented by researchers that do not comply with the dogma of the [UN] IPCC.”
— Swedish Climatologist Dr. Hans Jelbring of the Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics Unit at Stockholm University.

“The whole idea of anthropogenic global warming is completely unfounded. There appears to have been money gained by Michael Mann, Al Gore and UN IPCC’s Rajendra Pachauri as a consequence of this deception, so it’s fraud.”
— South African astrophysicist Hilton Ratcliffe, a member of the Astronomical Society of Southern Africa (ASSA) and the Astronomical Society of the Pacific and a Fellow of the British Institute of Physics.

“In December 8 2009, 166 scientists from around the world wrote an Open Letter to the UN Secretary-General rebuking the UN and declaring that ‘the science is NOT settled.’”

“On May 1, 2009, the American Physical Society (APS) Council decided to review its current climate statement via a high-level subcommittee of respected senior scientists. The decision was prompted after a group of over 80 prominent physicists petitioned the APS [to] revise its global warming position and more than 250 scientists urged a change in the group’s climate statement in 2010. The physicists wrote to APS governing board: ‘Measured or reconstructed temperature records indicate that 20th – 21st century changes are neither exceptional nor persistent, and the historical and geological records show many periods warmer than today.’”

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/more-than-1000-international-scientists -dissent-over-man-made-global-warming-claims/#O0WRkrmPVfv3Rc7g.99
outsider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does man have an effect on the climate? Does man have an effect on weather?
Do you believe in Santa Claus? Do you accept that Chemtrails and HAARP are used to affect the weather, as part of America's 'Full Spectrum Dominance'? That the Yanks can alter the path of the Jetstream (heavy-weight weather modification)? Have you read PNAC, and 'Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025'?

In the midst of False Flag shoot-downs of airliners, fomented 'insurgencies' and back-door 'Regime Change' machinations, it's easy to miss or ignore massive floods, droughts, famine and earthquakes (none recently that I've heard of, but they always seem to be classed as 'Acts of God' when they do occur, despite evidence of HAARP's ability to create them).

Depopulation, or 'Human Culling', is paid lip service to, but who seriously links the Ebola 'outbreak' to these telegraphed 'punches'?

Some news most have probably not thought much about (if they had noticed it at all, given the sparse news coverage):

'Unprecedented rains, unplanned urbanisation behind Jammu and Kashmir floods': http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-09-10/news/53770503_ 1_jammu-and-kashmir-cse-uttarakhand-floods

Not that we are going to be able to do anything about it; I'll stop here, as I have to get ready to go on the (hopefully) massive London Climate Change Demo (see Calendar) with our 9/11 banner....I hope someone will be there to help me carry it, otherwise it will have to remain in my rucksack....

item8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://climatesanity.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/plain-speaking-from-john -coleman/

Quote:
Plain Speaking from John Coleman
October 22, 2014

John Coleman, co-founder of the Weather Channel, knows a thing or two about the climate. He recently had plenty to say about global warming hysteria. In an open letter to the UCLA Hammer Forum he said…

The ocean is not rising significantly. The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number. Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing). I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid.

Here’s John explaining the basics…

Link
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Wing Trumpets Global Warming Denial Of Discredited ‘TV Weatherman’:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2007/11/08/17479/coleman-weather/

'.. John Coleman, a founder of The Weather Channel, wrote an article for the International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project, a right-wing climate change skeptic site, claiming man-made global warming is just a “scam“:

'It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in allusion of rapid global warming..'

As proof that the scientific consensus is a hoax, Coleman writes:

'.I say this knowing you probably won’t believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. … I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct.'

The conservative blogosphere is pushing Coleman’s junk science today. Matt Drudge links to Newsbusters’ “marvelous” take on Coleman this morning. Red State, Qando, Sister Toldjah, and the Free Republic also join in by approvingly linking to Coleman’s piece.

The right wing should check Coleman’s credentials before touting his “scientific” work. As Coleman admits, his “expertise” is in weather — not climate change science. In fact, he “has been a TV weatherman since he was a freshman in college in 1953.”

Coleman came up with the “idea” for a 24-hour channel devoted to weather, but he ran the station for only one year. Since then, the Weather Channel has prominently embraced the fight against global warming:

“If The Weather Channel isn’t talking about climate change and global warming, who is?” said Kaye Zusmann, the vice president for program strategy and development for the network. “It’s our mandate.”

The Weather Channel is unlikely to hire its founder today. Heidi Cullen, the channel’s climate change expert, wrote last year that the American Meteorological Society should not give its “seal of approval” to any meteorologist who “can’t speak to the fundamental science of climate change.”

Although Coleman still refers to The Weather Channel as his “baby,” he recognizes that he’s no longer welcome there: “The bad guys took it away from me, but they can’t steal the fact that it was my idea and I started it and ran it for the first year.”

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tue, 2012-02-14 13:13Brendan DeMelle
Brendan DeMelle's picture

Heartland Institute Exposed: Internal Documents Unmask Heart of Climate Denial Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140708073055/http://www.desmogblog.com/h eartland-institute-exposed-internal-documents-unmask-heart-climate-den ial-machine

'Internal Heartland Institute strategy and funding documents obtained by DeSmogBlog expose the heart of the climate denial machine – its current plans, many of its funders, and details that confirm what DeSmogBlog and others have reported for years. The heart of the climate denial machine relies on huge corporate and foundation funding from U.S. businesses including Microsoft, Koch Industries, Altria (parent company of Philip Morris) RJR Tobacco and more.

We are releasing the entire trove of documents now to allow crowd-sourcing of the material. Here are a few quick highlights, stay tuned for much more.

-Confirmation that Charles G. Koch Foundation is again funding Heartland Institute’s global warming disinformation campaign. [Update: Apparently even the Koch brothers think the Heartland Institute's climate denial program is too toxic to fund. On Wednesday, Koch confirmed that it did not cut a check for the $200K mentioned in the strategy memo after all. A statement released on KochFacts.com and the charleskochfoundationfacts.org states that “…the Charles Koch Foundation provided $25,000 to the Heartland Institute in 2011 for research in healthcare, not climate change, and this was the first and only donation the Foundation made to the institute in more than a decade. The Foundation has made no further commitments of funding to Heartland.”]

Greenpeace’s Koch reports show the last time Heartland received Koch funding was in 1999.

The **January 2012 Confidential Memo: 2012 Heartland Climate Strategy** states:

“We will also pursue additional support from the Charles G. Koch Foundation. They returned as a Heartland donor in 2011 with a contribution of $200,000. We expect to push up their level of support in 2012 and gain access to their network of philanthropists, if our focus continues to align with their interests. Other contributions will be pursued for this work, especially from corporations whose interests are threatened by climate policies.”

-Heartland Institute’s global warming denial machine is chiefly – and perhaps entirely – funded by one Anonymous donor:

Our climate work is attractive to funders, especially our key Anonymous Donor (whose contribution dropped from $1,664,150 in 2010 to $979,000 in 2011 - about 20% of our total 2011 revenue). He has promised an increase in 2012…”

-Confirmation of exact amounts flowing to certain key climate contrarians.

“funding for high-profile individuals who regularly and publicly counter the alarmist AGW message. At the moment, this funding goes primarily to Craig Idso ($11,600 per month), Fred Singer ($5,000 per month, plus expenses), Robert Carter ($1,667 per month), and a number of other individuals, but we will consider expanding it, if funding can be found.”

-As Brad Johnson reported today at ThinkProgress, confirmation that Heartland is working with David Wojick, a U.S. Energy Department contract worker and coal industry consultant, to develop a ‘Global Warming Curriculum for K-12 Schools.’

-Forbes and other business press are favored outlets for Heartland’s dissemination of climate denial messages, and the group is worried about maintaining that exclusive space. They note in particular the work of Dr. Peter Gleick:

“Efforts at places such as Forbes are especially important now that they have begun to allow high-profile climate scientists (such as Gleick) to post warmist science essays that counter our own. This influential audience has usually been reliably anti-climate and it is important to keep opposing voices out.” (emphasis added)

Note the irony here that Heartland Institute – one of the major mouthpieces behind the debunked ‘Climategate’ email theft who harped about the suppression of denier voices in peer-reviewed literature – now defending its turf in the unscientific business magazine realm.

-Interesting mentions of Andrew Revkin as a potential ally worth “cultivating,” along with Judith Curry.

“Efforts might also include cultivating more neutral voices with big audiences (such as Revkin at DotEarth/NYTimes, who has a well-known antipathy for some of the more extreme AGW communicators such as Romm, Trenberth, and Hansen) or Curry (who has become popular with our supporters).”

-Confirmation that skeptic blogger Anthony Watts is part of Heartland’s funded network of misinformation communicators.

“We have also pledged to help raise around $90,000 in 2012 for Anthony Watts to help him create a new website to track temperature station data.”

Stay tuned for more details as DeSmogBlog and others dig through this trove of Heartland Institute documents. The Heartland Institute's legacy of evasion of this level of transparency and accountability has now been shattered. … see also DeSmogBlog's Richard Littlemore's coverage.

**The Heartland Institute alleges that the 2012 climate strategy document is a “fake” and has threatened the DeSmogBlog with legal action. However, the organization has not provided any proof to support its allegations. We see no basis in fact or law for us to remove this document, and will leave it available in the public interest...'

Return of Climate Denial-a-Palooza: Heartland Institute Hitches Anti-Science Wagon to Vegas FreedomFest:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140714160136/http://www.desmogblog.com/2 014/07/08/return-denial-palooza-heartland-institute-hitches-anti-scien ce-wagon-freedomfest

'.....HEARTLAND INSTITUTE ICCC9 SPONSORS

• America's Energy Future
• Australian Taxpayers' Alliance
• Ayn Rand Institute
• Blue
• Carbon Sense Coalition
• Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise
• Center for Industrial Progress (CIP)
• CFACT
• CO2 Science (Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change)
• Colderside.com
• Competitive Enterprise Institute
• Cornwall Alliance
• Energy Makes America Great
• Freedomfest
• George C. Marshall Institute
• The Heritage Foundation
• Hubbard Broadcasting Incorporated
• Illinois Coal Association (ICA)
• International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC)
• Leadership Institute
• Liberty Coin Service
• The Liberty Foundation of America
• Media Research Center
• Nanoland
• NPK CO2
• Power For USA
• Science & Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)
• Science & Public Policy Institute
• Stairway Press
• To Kill an Error
• VA SEEE

item8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2014/10/28/weather-channel-founder-b lasts-climate-change/

There is a video interview at the above link - this is part of the transcript.

Quote:
MEGYN KELLY, HOST: The administration hammering the message that manmade climate change is one of mankind's greatest threats. But our next guest disagrees. John Coleman is the co- founder of the Weather Channel, winner of the American Meteorological -- that's a tough one -- Meteorological Society's award for broadcast meteorologist of the year and he has spent more than 60 years reporting on the weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

John, good to see you tonight. And so upset were you about the claims of manmade global warming that you wrote a letter to the UCLA's Hammer Museum form their forum that was called Tackling Climate Change. And you said, "You don't have both sides represented, and I'm here to tell you that manmade global climate change is a myth." How can you say that?

JOHN COLEMAN, WEATHER CHANNEL CO-FOUNDER: Well, it's very easy. But thank you for having me on your program. You know, a climate skeptic can rarely get on TV, ever since Al Gore made it a plank of the Democratic Party.

KELLY: And they say you're a "Looney Tunes" if you don't believe it.

COLEMAN: You bet, and I been in the TV news organizations now for 60 years, and I only met two Republicans the whole time, and they were both hiding in the closet.

(LAUGHTER)

This is a tough go for people who don't believe in climate change. A lot study on this.

KELLY: Well, we heard a lot of that from the last even presidential debate. I mean, even some of the Republican candidates up there, suggested you are nuts. Remember Jon Huntsman? If you don't believe in manmade global climate change.

COLEMAN: Well, it's very difficult for anybody to be against it because the media has told the nation over and over again, day after day for 20 years that the oceans are rising, the polar bears are dying, the sea -- the ice is melting, the storms are going to sweep the earth and that we're all gonna die of a heat wave. I mean, this is an incredible bad, bad science.

KELLY: What's your data to the contrary?

COLEMAN: A professor at UCLA in James Engstrom was very upset that the Hammer Museum forum was going to not give both sides of the climate debate. So he suggested they should have Willie Soon from Harvard and me, join that debate, of course we were turned down. I wrote a nice memo to the people at the Hammer Museum and that got picked up by my friends at the Heartland Institute, the think tank in Chicago. They put out a press release and voila, it's been all over the media -- not the mainstream media of course, the Internet and the --

KELLY: But what's your data to the contrary? And soon the Weather Channel will be canceled all together -- they will push it out of existence since you've taken this position. But let's get specific. You talk about how the efforts to prove the theory that carbon dioxide is a significant greenhouse gas and that it's causing significant warming have failed. And yet the data say that carbon dioxide was proven to be a greenhouse gas in the 1957 paper by Roger Ravel. The EPA says it's a greenhouse gas, the scientific community has accepted that it is a greenhouse gas and at the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has gone up since 1958.

COLEMAN: Well, there are 9,000 PhDs and 31 scientists who have signed the petition that says it's not a significant greenhouse gas. Oh, it's a teen itsy bitsy but in greenhouse gas but it's not in any ways significant. And we are sure of it. It's not like, something I made up or just thought of. I've studied and studied and studied.

And Roger Revelle, the great scientist who wrote that paper back in 1957 with Hans Suess changed his mind a decade later and said, "Wait a minute, I think we were wrong. Don't anybody panic. I don't think there's any global warming." And that's when Al Gore said he was senile --

(CROSSTALK)

KELLY: Al Gore. OK. Al Gore said he was senile. Speaking of Al Gore, let's remind the audience on what Al Gore said.

COLEMAN: Al Gore had one class in science. Roger Revelle taught it to him. He got a D and yet he's made a billion dollars off to climate change. Shame on you Al Gore.

KELLY: Standby. I want to play Al Gore. This is his argument and then you can respond. Listen to him.

(BEGIN VIDOE CLIP, "AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH")

AL GORE, FORMER VICE PRESIDENT: Starting in 1970 there was a precipitous drop-off in the amount and extent and thickness of the arctic icecap. It has diminished by 40 percent in 40 years. And there are now two major studies showing that within the next 50 to 70 years in summertime it will be completely gone.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

KELLY: Your thoughts on that.

COLEMAN: Well, I would like to announce tonight, to people who are friends of Al Gore's that, "Whoops, he got that one wrong!" The Antarctic icecap is at all-time record high in both coverage and thickness. And the Arctic icecap at the North Pole is at the highest it has been in several years. It's in its so-called normal range since we got satellite observations that could measure it.

So - John Coleman is an amateur but Al Gore is an expert. Well he did do one science class and got a whole "D" grade. WOW!! What a genius. I am off to listen to that renowned climate expert Vivian Westwood giving her expert analysis. I will walk miles to listen to someone as well informed as a fashion designer.

Last edited by item8 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
item8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://investmentwatchblog.com/north-pole-covered-in-ice-over-8-days-t ime-south-pole-still-record-levels/

Quote:
North Pole covered in Ice over 8 days time — South Pole still @ record levels
October 29th, 2014

8 days ago, I put out a video showing that the North Pole Ice pack was growing rather rapidly. After doing some mileage computations on the spread of the ice, I made the statement that the North Pole would be covered in a couple weeks (or less).

Here we are 8 days later…. and now the ice reaches across to Russia, with just one small open spot yet to freeze.

Sea ice levels can be viewed here:

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/

See that video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0x0

_____

Over the past 30 days, there has been a dramatic seasonal cooling of the North pole, producing quick spreading sea ice across the arctic circle.

Also, a dramatic increase in land ice / snow across large portions of the Northern Hemisphere.

This rapid cooling is expected in the fall months across Northern latitudes, however if one observes this rapid cooling in the North along with the record levels of ice at the South Pole (Antarctica), then we can see the reports this past year have been fairly INACCURATE in regards to “warming” around the globe.

Several FALSE reports have been coming out in main stream science regarding the icepack levels. One series of reports this past summer said that GRAVITY was changing due to a lack of ice at the South pole!! In reality, as you see in this video, and read from NASA, the South pole is at record HIGH levels (still at the end of October 2014) as well.

Also, false reports of a diminished North Pole (some saying NO ice at all). Again, you can see the concentrations are thick, and growing daily. In just a few days (or less) the entire North pole will be covered.

NASA confirms South Pole ice at a record maximum thickness and area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Rku

All the heat hiding at the bottom of the oceans!!! You know it makes sense.
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the ice thickness???
item8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://patriotrising.com/2014/10/30/fed-backed-study-brainwash-public- fearing-climate-change-like-ebola/

Quote:
Fed-Backed Study: How to Brainwash Public into Fearing “Climate Change” Like Ebola

Posted October 30, 2014 3:01 pm by PatriotRising

The National Science Foundation is funding a study to determine how to brainwash the public into fearing “climate change and overpopulation” as if they were Ebola.

The NSF awarded an $84,000 grant to researchers at the State University of New York at Buffalo yesterday to figure out how to make the public fear “climate change and overpopulation” as much as Ebola by analyzing how the public became concerned about a potential large-scale Ebola outbreak in the U.S.

“In addition to the issue-specific value of knowing more about risk perceptions related to the Ebola outbreak, findings from this project will inform the design of communication messages related to risk issues that are often perceived to be psychologically distant by the American public, such as climate change and overpopulation,” the study’s abstract states. “The specific mechanisms through which the study variables influence risk communication behaviors will also inform communication campaigns aimed at encouraging greater public engagement with risk information.”

“In doing so, the proposed research will integrate theory from social psychology and risk communication to explore the utility of psychological distance in informing public communication about emerging public health risks.”

The proponents of “climate change,” many of whom with positions of power within the government, have been facing growing public backlash as more and more evidence disputes “global warming,” so now they are simply trying to brainwash the public into accepting “climate change.”

They want the public to fear “climate change” so they can bilk taxpayers out of not only their money but also their rights.

But more scientists are openly exposing this scam.

“The polar ice is increasing, not melting away,” the co-founder of the Weather Channel, meteorologist Jason Taylor, said in an open letter to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. “Polar Bears are increasing in number.”

“Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).”

“I have studied this topic seriously for years,” he added. “It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid.”

Two other scientists, Tom Harris of the International Climate Science Coalition and Bob Carter of the School of Earth Sciences at James Cook University in Australia, said there’s essentially zero evidence that carbon dioxide from human activities is causing “catastrophic climate change.”

“Yes, the ‘executive summary’ of reports from the UN’s International Panel on Climate Change continues to sound the alarm – but the summary is written by the politicians,” they wrote. “The scientific bulk of the report, while still tinged with improper advocacy, has all but thrown in the towel.”

“And the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change lists thousands of scientific papers that either debunk or cast serious doubt on the supposed ‘consensus’ model.”

Oregon-based physicist Gordon Fulks similarly explained that carbon dioxide has been blamed for a variety of non-existent conditions.

“CO2 is said to be responsible for global warming that is not occurring, for accelerated sea-level rise that is not occurring, for net glacial and sea ice melt that is not occurring … and for increasing extreme weather that is not occurring,” he said.

The fear of “overpopulation” is also largely blown out of proportion to fit a political agenda much like “global warming,” but it too has little scientific evidence.

“… The fertility rate of half the world is now 2.1 or less—the magic number that is consistent with a stable population and is usually called ‘the replacement rate of fertility,’” the Economist reported. “Sometime between 2020 and 2050 the world’s fertility rate will fall below the global replacement rate.”
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antarctic Ice Loss Caused by Warm Ocean Currents:
http://www.esr.org/polarscience/padman_nature.html

'ESR Senior Scientist, Laurie Padman, is a co-author on a recent paper in the journal Nature entitled "Antarctic ice-sheet loss driven by basal melting of ice shelves". The international team of researchers has established that warm ocean currents are the dominant cause of recent ice loss in Antarctica. New measurement techniques have been used to differentiate, for the first time, between the two causes of thinning ice shelves – warm ocean currents melting the underside, and warm air melting from above. This finding brings scientists a step closer to providing reliable projections of future sea-level rise.

The researchers, led by Dr. Hamish Pritchard at the British Antarctic Survey (BAS) in Cambridge, UK, used measurements made by a laser instrument mounted on NASA’s ICESat (Ice, Cloud and Land Elevation Satellite) to estimate the changing thickness of almost all the floating ice shelves around Antarctica, revealing the pattern of ice-shelf melt around the continent. Of the 54 ice shelves studied, warm ocean currents are melting 20, most of which are in West Antarctica. In every case, the inland glaciers that flow down to the coast and feed into these thinning ice shelves are also draining more ice into the sea, contributing to sea-level rise. Only Larsen Ice Shelf, on the eastern side of the Antarctic Peninsula (the long stretch of land pointing towards South America), is thinning because of warm air above it instead of melting from ocean currents. Co-authors Drs. Stefan Ligtenberg and Michiel van den Broeke, both at Utrecht University in the Netherlands, used their model of snowfall and ice-shelf surface melting in Antarctica to determine how much of the ice shelf thinning was caused by atmospheric conditions. With the exception of Larsen Ice Shelf, surface thinning was small, confirming that ice shelf thinning measured by the satellite laser must be caused by warm water circulating under the ice shelves and melting the base.

Dr. Helen A. Fricker at Scripps institution of Oceanography, La Jolla CA, and Laurie Padman contributed to the analysis of ICESat altimeter measurements. Correcting altimetry data for ocean tides and other causes of rapid ocean height change is critical to being able to measure long-term trends in elevation. ESR has a long history in developing accurate polar tide models and corrections for how ice shelves respond to changing atmospheric pressure. Dr. Padman was a Science team member for the ICESat mission.

Discussing the significance of the new research, Dr. Fricker commented: "In the last decade or so we have seen some inland glaciers accelerate and thin dramatically when an ice shelf completely disappears. In this study we also see that glaciers are losing mass to the ocean even while the ice shelves are still there, but getting thinner. This suggests that ice loss is very sensitive to quite small changes in the ocean circulation around Antarctica."

Visualization of the western Antarctic ice shelves. The shelves are indicated
by the rainbow color; red is thicker (greater than 550 meters), while
blue is thinner (less than 200 meters). Credit: NASA/Goddard CGI Lab

Dr. Padman added: "Previous studies have shown that the rate of ice-shelf thinning is sensitive to quite small changes in the flow of warm ocean currents around Antarctica. Circulation changes are mostly driven by changes in the pattern of winds around Antarctica which, in turn, are related to global changes in climate. So, predicting future ice loss from Antarctica requires that we understand changing global climate, how it affects ocean circulation around Antarctica and near and under the ice shelves, and exactly how basal melting happens. The fresh water released by the glaciers then contributes to changes in ocean circulation and formation of sea ice which affects climate. So, it's a really challenging and important problem to be working on."

David Vaughan, another co-author of the paper and the leader of ice2sea - a major polar research program funded by the European Union, summed up the research: “This study shows very clearly why the Antarctic ice sheet is currently losing ice, which is a major advance. But the real significance is that it also shows the key to predicting how the ice sheet will change in the future is in understanding the oceans.”

NASA chief scientist Waleed Abdalati, an expert in Earth's ice systems who wasn't involved in the research, said the study "makes an important advance" and provides key information about how Antarctica will contribute to global sea level rise.
Another outside expert, Ted Scambos of the National Snow and Ice Data Center, said the paper will change the way scientists think about melt in Antarctica. Seeing more warm water encircling the continent, he worries that with "a further push from the wind" newer areas could start shrinking.

This summary was based on press releases from BAS and Scripps and additional comments from Huffington Post. A NASA animation of ocean currents around Antarctic ice shelves can be found here.'

The important thing is the thickness of the ice, not the range of sea ice. I suspect that increasing melt from the ice shelves and glaciers temporarily cools the sea water, making sea ice form quicker and perhaps more extensively. But, the sea ice MELTS eventually, while the ice sheets get thinner and thinner.

item8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/21/mit-climate-scienti st-global-warming-believers-a-cult/

Quote:
MIT Climate Scientist: Global Warming Believers a ‘Cult’

by Howie Carr21 Jan 2015Boston

An MIT professor of meteorology is dismissing global-warming alarmists as a discredited “cult” whose members are becoming more hysterical as emerging evidence continues to contradict their beliefs.

During an appearance on this writer’s radio show Monday, MIT Professor emeritus Richard Lindzen discussed the religious nature of the movement.

“As with any cult, once the mythology of the cult begins falling apart, instead of saying, oh, we were wrong, they get more and more fanatical. I think that’s what’s happening here. Think about it,” he said. “You’ve led an unpleasant life, you haven’t led a very virtuous life, but now you’re told, you get absolution if you watch your carbon footprint. It’s salvation!”

Lindzen, 74, has issued calm dismissals of warmist apocalypse, reducing his critics to sputtering rage.

Last week, government agencies including NASA announced that 2014 was the “hottest year” in “recorded history,” as The New York Times put it in an early edition. Last year has since been demoted by the Times to the hottest “since record-keeping began in 1880.”

But that may not be true. Now the same agencies have acknowledged that there’s only a 38 percent chance that 2014 was the hottest year on record. And even if it was, it was only by two-100ths of a degree.

Lindzen scoffs at the public-sector-generated hysteria, which included one warmist blogger breathlessly writing that the heat record had been “shattered.”

“Seventy percent of the earth is oceans, we can’t measure those temperatures very well. They can be off a half a degree, a quarter of a degree. Even two-10ths of a degree of change would be tiny but two-100ths is ludicrous. Anyone who starts crowing about those numbers shows that they’re putting spin on nothing.”

Last week, after scoffing at Vermont socialist Sen. Bernie Sanders’ call for a Senate vote on global warming, Lindzen was subjected to another barrage of diatribes. At his listed MIT phone number, Prof. Lindzen received a typical anonymous call:

“I think people like you should actually be in jail,” the male caller told him, “because you must know where this is all leading now… the people you support and take your money from to make these outrageously anti-human comments (also ‘know’)… In other words, you’re a sociopath!”

Lindzen chuckled when the voicemail was replayed.

This writer asked him if, as has been alleged in some of the warmist blogs, he is taking money from the energy industry.

“Oh, it would be great!” he said with a laugh. “You have all these people, the Gores and so on, making hundreds of millions of dollars on this, Exxon Mobil giving $100 million to Stanford for people who are working on promoting this hysteria. The notion that the fossil-fuel industry cares – they don’t. As long as they can pass the costs on to you, it’s a new profit center.”

Lindzen said he was fortunate to have gained tenure just as the “climate change” movement was beginning, because now non-believers are often ostracized in academia. In his career he has watched the hysteria of the 1970’s over “global cooling” morph into “global warming.”

“They use climate to push an agenda. But what do you have left when global warming falls apart? Global normalcy? We have to do something about ‘normalcy?’”

As for CO2, Lindzen said that until recently, periods of greater warmth were referred to as “climate optimum.” Optimum is derived from a Latin word meaning “best.”

“Nobody ever questioned that those were the good periods. All of a sudden you were able to inculcate people with the notion that you have to be afraid of warmth.”

The warmists’ ultimate solution is to reduce the standard of living for most of mankind. That proposition is being resisted most vigorously by nations with developing economies such as China and India, both of which have refused to sign on to any restrictive, Obama-backed climate treaties. Lindzen understands their reluctance.

“Anything you do to impoverish people, and certainly all the planned policies will impoverish people, is actually costing lives. But the environmental movement has never cared about that.”

Follow Howie on Twitter: @HowieCarrShow
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAARP Still Stands, Geoengineers Still Wreaking Havoc:
https://ow127.infusionsoft.com/app/hostedEmail/140659/93acf697604cd52a  ?

'In the spring of 2014, the power structure and mainstream media tried to convince an ever more concerned population that there was no climate modification going on and as proof they cited the claim that the HAARP facility was going to be "bulldozed". Some of us never bought into the smoke and mirrors about HAARP being torn down, and as we now see, it is still standing.....'

item8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/113955 16/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-e ver.html

Quote:
The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever

New data shows that the “vanishing” of polar ice is not the result of runaway global warming

By Christopher Booker

10:15PM GMT 07 Feb 2015

When future generations look back on the global-warming scare of the past 30 years, nothing will shock them more than the extent to which the official temperature records – on which the entire panic ultimately rested – were systematically “adjusted” to show the Earth as having warmed much more than the actual data justified.

Two weeks ago, under the headline “How we are being tricked by flawed data on global warming”, I wrote about Paul Homewood, who, on his Notalotofpeopleknowthat blog, had checked the published temperature graphs for three weather stations in Paraguay against the temperatures that had originally been recorded. In each instance, the actual trend of 60 years of data had been dramatically reversed, so that a cooling trend was changed to one that showed a marked warming.

This was only the latest of many examples of a practice long recognised by expert observers around the world – one that raises an ever larger question mark over the entire official surface-temperature record.

Following my last article, Homewood checked a swathe of other South American weather stations around the original three. In each case he found the same suspicious one-way “adjustments”. First these were made by the US government’s Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN). They were then amplified by two of the main official surface records, the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) and the National Climate Data Center (NCDC), which use the warming trends to estimate temperatures across the vast regions of the Earth where no measurements are taken. Yet these are the very records on which scientists and politicians rely for their belief in “global warming”.
Related Articles

Homewood has now turned his attention to the weather stations across much of the Arctic, between Canada (51 degrees W) and the heart of Siberia (87 degrees E). Again, in nearly every case, the same one-way adjustments have been made, to show warming up to 1 degree C or more higher than was indicated by the data that was actually recorded. This has surprised no one more than Traust Jonsson, who was long in charge of climate research for the Iceland met office (and with whom Homewood has been in touch). Jonsson was amazed to see how the new version completely “disappears” Iceland’s “sea ice years” around 1970, when a period of extreme cooling almost devastated his country’s economy.

One of the first examples of these “adjustments” was exposed in 2007 by the statistician Steve McIntyre, when he discovered a paper published in 1987 by James Hansen, the scientist (later turned fanatical climate activist) who for many years ran Giss. Hansen’s original graph showed temperatures in the Arctic as having been much higher around 1940 than at any time since. But as Homewood reveals in his blog post, “Temperature adjustments transform Arctic history”, Giss has turned this upside down. Arctic temperatures from that time have been lowered so much that that they are now dwarfed by those of the past 20 years.

Homewood’s interest in the Arctic is partly because the “vanishing” of its polar ice (and the polar bears) has become such a poster-child for those trying to persuade us that we are threatened by runaway warming. But he chose that particular stretch of the Arctic because it is where ice is affected by warmer water brought in by cyclical shifts in a major Atlantic current – this last peaked at just the time 75 years ago when Arctic ice retreated even further than it has done recently. The ice-melt is not caused by rising global temperatures at all.

Of much more serious significance, however, is the way this wholesale manipulation of the official temperature record – for reasons GHCN and Giss have never plausibly explained – has become the real elephant in the room of the greatest and most costly scare the world has known. This really does begin to look like one of the greatest scientific scandals of all time.
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"CHASING ICE" captures largest glacier calving ever filmed - OFFICIAL VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC3VTgIPoGU

From 2001-2010 glacier retreats more than between 1902-2001!
But don't worry, folks, move on; nought to see here!

item8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
largest glacier calving ever filmed

Means just what it says. Not many been filmed before.

Quote:

Source? Don't forget what relentless liars the Climate alarmists are.
outsider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

item8 wrote:
Quote:
largest glacier calving ever filmed

Means just what it says. Not many been filmed before.

Quote:

Source? Don't forget what relentless liars the Climate alarmists are.

If you can't believe your eyes, so be it.
Obviously, fake video can be shown, and obviously has been (Twin Towers etc.).
Are you, for one moment, suggesting that this (what we are 'talking' about) is fake?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 61 of 63

Jump to: