FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Venezuela war clouds - US regime change target
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good news for a change!
Hugo Chavez won the election by a wide margin, thank God. Boy, are the US Multinationals and NWO Banksters & Gang foaming at the mouth.

Needless to say, the MSM doesn't show the real state of affairs in Venezuela.
Here is a different perspective:

Chavez closing rally packs 7 avenues in Caracas:
http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/chavez_closing_rally.htm

Follow 'Hands Off Venezuela.org' and 'Venezuela Analysis' to find the true story.

Also, watch '4th estate the media in the age of information' if you can get hold of it (it doesn't seem to be on the net). It assesses effects Spanish MSM has had on ordinary people in the street.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tensions are rising in Venezuela three days after voters elected Nicolás Maduro, the chosen successor of late President Hugo Chávez, to serve out the remainder of Chávez’s term. Venezuela’s National Electoral Council has certified Maduro’s victory after he won by about 275,000 votes. Maduro received 51 percent of the vote, while opposition leader Henrique Capriles got 49 percent. On Tuesday, President-elect Maduro accused the opposition of planning a coup against him after seven government supporters were killed and 60 people were injured in clashes after the election.

Venezuela’s President-elect Maduro also accused the United States of backing efforts by the opposition to destabilize Venezuela. On Tuesday, the U.S. State Department said it will not recognize the new government unless a full vote-by-vote recount is held as demanded by Capriles. State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell responded to questions from the Associated Press’s Matthew Lee.

Source: http://www.democracynow.org/2013/4/17/venezuela_accuses_us_of_plotting _coup

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363182703787595&set=a.29235507 0870359.57430.292327470873119

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you have seen Alex Jones' interview 'Aaron Russo - Historic Interview' ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NA17CCboA ), but if you haven't, you should make it a priority.

Whilst extremely important vis-a-vis 9/11, it also goes into the Bankster's plans for RFID and the 'Surveillance State'.

Of particular importance, Nick Rockefeller befriended Russo, and tried to recruit him into the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). He also told him, eleven months before 9/11, that there was going to be 'an incident, and because of it the US would attack Afghanistan and Iraq, we would see US troops hunting through caves for Arabs, there would be a 'War on Terror', and after that we (US) would go after Venezuela'.

That last part, about Venezuela, probably went through one ear and out the other with most of you who saw the video, but it was very important to me, having cut my teeth in Central and South American Human Rights Campaigns.

I've been following events, and posting on the Forum every now and again re developments in that area, and I was certain that this attack on Venezuela (huge oil and oil shale reserves) would come to pass.

The US had already leased 7 bases in Colombia, and instigated provocations through it's 'Proxy' Colombia, against Venezuela; it had re-commissioned it's 4th Fleet, mothballed immediately after WWII, and had it patrolling in the Pacific and Caribbean near Venezuela; provocations have been instigated (such as invasions of Venezuela's airspace) from NATO facilities in the Dutch Antilles, and thousands of troops landed from a large US Naval fleet into Costa Rica in an 'anti-drug campaign'.

Now we have Colombia expressing strong interest in joining NATO:

'U.S. might support Colombia NATO bid: State Department official':
By Agence France-Presse
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 4:38 EDT

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/04/u-s-might-support-colombia-nato- bid-state-department-official/

'NATO and Colombia open channel for future cooperation'(25 Jun. 2013):

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/news_101634.htm

'NATO Deputy Secretary General Ambassador Alexander Vershbow and the Defence Minister of Colombia, Juan Carlos Pinzon Bueno, on Tuesday ( 25 June 2013) signed an Agreement on the Security of Information, an accord that will allow NATO and Colombia to explore future cooperation and consultation in areas of common interest. "As an Alliance of democracies, we are gratified when countries sharing similar values reach out to us," the Deputy Secretary General said during his meeting with Minister Pinzon Bueno...'

Last edited by outsider on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Documented: US Coup Plan for Venezuela 2013:
http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_66152.shtml

'Plan Estratégico Venezuela
13 de junio de 2013

(Translated by Axis of Logic)

Democracy in Latin America has suffered a setback and is kidnapped by populist governments that prohibit, violate and intimidated the liberal thinking, freedom of expression and human rights in the region.
El Centro de Pensamiento Primero Colombia (The Center of Thought First Colombia) supports free and open discussion of the liberal thought in Latin America to disarm the expanded threat in the region with the violation of Human Rights and of the Popular Will.

By such facts in conjunction with the FTI Consulting and with the Fundacion Internacionalismo Democratico (Foundation Democratic Internationalism), we work to restore democracy in Latin America that has been aggrieved by the pseudo-progressive regimes led by Venezuela.

The Venezuelan Strategic Plan, agreed with worthy representatives of the opposition to the government of Nicolas Maduro, and is geared toward these objectives with the strong and constant support of several leading personalities in work to return Venezuela to true democracy and independence that has been held hostage by more than 14 years.

Time

We have 185 days to reach the goals set for Venezuelan Strategic Plan and to execute the action designed to achieve the objective.

Scope

In the entire territory of the Republic of Venezuela, to all the sectors of Venezuelan citizenship and to all the government and administrative institutions of the country.

Actions

To refine the confrontational speech and complainant, Henrique Capriles. That is more fresh and attractive but at the same time to show resolution and consistency in its lines. Clearly establish the motto "We are a better alternative."To generate excitement with short messages but ones that reach greater numbers of people, returning to the social problems, causing social discontent. To increase the problems with shortages of basic products of the food basket.

To maintain and increase the sabotage that affect services to the population particularly to the electrical system, that allows for blaming the government for alleged inefficiencies and negligence.

To support the normalization of US-Venezuelan relations. This, will dilute the campaign of the government on the interference of the United States and justify the direct contact between our related forces.

To create crisis situations in the streets to facilitate the intervention by the United States and NATO forces, with the support of the government of Colombia. When possible, the violence must cause deaths and injuries. Encourage hunger strikes of several days, mass mobilizations, problems in universities and other sectors of society already identified as governmental institutions.

To move all available forces to compile a dossier of disrepute and weakening of the government that will give greater credibility to the opposition. With the support of the United States government, manipulate the involvement of the government and senior officials with drug trafficking and money laundering.

To enhance the actions of lobbying governments in Latin America, mainly in those countries that may be more sensitive to the pressures of our allies, namely Colombia, Peru, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Costa Rica Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico and Honduras. At the same time depressing the governments of countries allied to the regime, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Ecuador and Nicaragua generating discredit in both regions.
To increase the supply of financial funds that Venezuelan opposition receives, aiming to reach at least 55% of the mayors in the municipal elections.

To maintain and increase the campaign against Cuban interference; to affect the main social missions and diminish popular support for the government. To especially treat the presence of Cuban soldiers in the Venezuelan Armed Forces.

To prepare and disseminate printed and audiovisual materials that expand the matrices of opinion in our interest, with the slogan, "We are a better alternative." In addition to identify and reattribute identified problems that point to the opposition. Hire journalists and reporters from 9 international media: CNN, The New York Times, The New York Post, Reuters, AP, EFE, The Miami Herald, Time, BBC, and Venezuela’s Clarín, ABC, among others. To these ends make the necessary contacts with the Foreign Press Association in Caracas.

To promote the pronouncements of opinon leaders and personalities around the world who identify with the feeling of our plans and actions in favor of Venezuela.

To extend the image of a severe crisis in Venezuela to more external media and possible countries as a means of managing international public opinion.

To work from now on in the formulation of the legal conditions necessary for a future institutional transition in Venezuela.

To coordinate the specific tasks that run the representatives of the Mesa de Unidad Demorcratica (MUD)* in the United States, in alliance with the opposition forces against the Castro regime that lie in that country. To strengthen the work of the mayor of the City of Doral [Florida], its mayor, Luigi Boria, and the Organización de Venezolanos Perseguidos Políticos en el Exilio (Organization of Persecuted Venezuelans in Exile - VEPPEX), with the support of the congressmen and senators of Cuban origin and the Cuban American National Foundation, among other organizations that support our Strategic Plan.

*NOTE: Mesa de Unidad Demorcratica or "MUD" is the alliance of oppositin political parties in Venezuela

To contact military groups, active and retired who have already been identified; to extend the campaign to delegitimize the government’s prestige within the [Venezuelan] Armed Forces under the principle that the Armed Forces must take on the role of guarantor of democracy in Venezuela. We must achieve, by any means, the reestablishment of the constitution. It is vital to prepare the military for that from a scenario of crisis and social unrest championing insurrection against the government, or at least support of a foreign intervention or a civil uprising.

Purpose

The objectives posed in the present plan is essentially to target the municipal (Elections) scheduled for 8 December, at the same time they include the gradual accelerated wearing down of the management of the government by providing the supreme triumph of the opposition in that event, but it will be much better if this can be achieved earlier [before December 8 Mayoral Elections]

Also here: USAID, Uribe and Venezuelan Opposition Plotting Violence, Sabotage and Scarcity; According to Leaked Document:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10148

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela's National Assembly Hands Maduro Decree Powers:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10164

'Under the enabling law, the president can enact laws by decree, bypassing the AN. The decree powers can only be granted to a president for a limited period, and can be rescinded by a vote at the AN.

Maduro first announced he would request decree powers in August, stating they would be used to pass new legislation to tackle corruption and end what he has described as an “economic war” against his government. Last month he formally asked the AN to enact the enabling law, but until Tuesday Maduro was one vote short of the three-fifths majority support he needed.

However, the way was paved for the president on Tuesday, when the AN voted to strip opposition legislator Maria Aranguren of her parliamentary immunity. Aranguren is now under investigation for embezzlement, conspiracy, and money laundering. The allegations relate to Aranguren's past presiding over the company Administradora Inmobiliaria Monumental de Maturín C.A., which managed and maintained a stadium in Maturín, capital of Monagas state. The public prosecutor has alleged that the company failed to pay taxes, and held unauthorised contacts with foreign companies worth more than bs3 million.

Aranguren has denied the allegations, and accused the government of pursuing the charges so Maduro could secure the vote...'

Maduro needed to take these measures, because of economic sabotage by the US-funded and backed 'Opposition'.

Here is a video (32 minutes) shown at the Venezuelan Embassy annex, Bolivar Hall on Monday; it has English sub-titles:

'April: Between Peace and Rage':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ET6oNu-rM

It shows some of the lies and damage done on the last election; the US is the only country that still doesn't accept that Maduro won; they wanted a hand recount of every vote - what a shower! This is the same US whose Supreme Court stopped the recount in Florida, allowing George W. Bush to steal the election, allowing him to preside over 9/11, Afghanistan invasion, and the birth of the 'War On Terror' and the 'Patriot Act'.

outsider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Venezuela new Chile? Reply with quote

Important Municipal Elections are due 8th December; seems US is pulling out all (or many)of the 'stops' to try to screw things up (a la Chile).

In the run up to the December 8 municipal elections the campaign of
speculation, hoarding, profiteering, overpricing and sabotage of the
economy has intensified. The Venezuelan government of President Maduro has
denounced that there is a “slow motion coup” being implemented.

The international Hands off Venezuela solidarity campaign would like to
alert the labour and student movement, solidarity activists and
progressive public opinion in general about these facts. They represent a
renewed threat against the democratic will of the Venezuelan people on the
part of the oligarchy, and, behind it, imperialism.

We stand firmly with the Bolivarian people and the government of Maduro
against the parasitical oligarchy, and support all necessary measures
taken to fight the economic war. We are vigilant and we will mobilise
against any attempted coup on the part of the oligarchy. (see HOV
statement
http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/venezuela_economic_war.htm)

Come to a meeting in London on December 4. We will screen a short
documentary on the economic war against the revolution "Calco y copia"
(Spanish with English subtitles). Jorge Martin will also explain the
general context of this battle and there will plenty of time for
discussion.

December 4, 6.30pm
Room V111
SOAS Vernon Square Campus
Penton Rise,
WC1X 9EW
(nearest tubes Kings Cross St. Pancras and Angel)
MAP: http://goo.gl/ODKMkE
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AT THE MAIN SOAS CAMPUS

Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/1423530344544339/
--------------------------------------
Follow the Hands Off Venezuela campaign:
web http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/venezuela_economic_war.htm
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hands.off.venezuela
Twitter: http://twitter.com/HOVcampaign

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are War Clouds Building over Bolivia? Evo Morales seems to have got the Yanks fuming:

'Bolivia's Descent Into Rogue State Status' Mary O'Grady, Wall St. Journal:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304069604579158293 350301588

'In the years after a brutal 10-year Soviet occupation, Afghanistan became a petri dish in which a culture of organized crime, radical politics and religious fundamentalism festered—and where Osama bin Laden set up operations.
Now something similar may be happening in Bolivia. The government is an advocate for coca growers. The Iranian presence is increasing. And reports from the ground suggest that African extremists are joining the fray.
Bolivian President Evo Morales, who is also the elected president of the coca producers' confederation, and Vice President Alvaro García Linera, formerly of the Maoist Tupac Katari Guerrilla Army, began building their repressive narco-state when they took office in 2006.
Step one was creating a culture of fear. Scores of intellectuals, technocrats and former government officials were harassed. Many fled...'

She goes on like that for the whole article; it's a wonder she didn't blame Morales for the freezing weather in north and middle US.

Here is Violeta Ayala's response:
'Is Bolivia the New Afghanistan, or Is Mary Anastasia O'Grady From The Wall Street Journal Delusional?' Violeta Ayala:
http://boliviarising.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/is-bolivia-new-afghanistan -or-is-mary.html

And here is my 'Comment' (awaiting moderation):
'No, I don't think Mary Anastasia O'Grady is 'delusional', but a muppet (sorry, puppet) of the NWO Banksters who control the US Government, Money Supply ('Federal Reserve' aka 'Bunch of Thieves' since 1913 - oh for another President Andrew Jackson, who asked for the inscription 'I Killed the Bank' to be inscribed on his tombstone; unfortunately, like Dracula, it arose from the grave after his death), Corporations and Government Ministries, from Intel, Military, Judicial, and of course, the Main Stream Media.
There are some extremely important books and videos which should be read and watched, which clearly show that the CIA is the number one drug trafficker on the planet, bar none. There are pictures of the world's highest-ranking paedophile, George H.W. Bush (he once stayed on the plane in Australia, because of crowds of demonstrators making just that point, but it was ignored by the US 'Media') smiling in a Central American jungle drug factory.
'Poppy' Bush a paedophile? Read Cathy O'Brien & Mark Phillips' 'Trance - Formation of America', or better the later 'Access Denied - For Reasons of National Security'; his paedophilia and drug dealing are spelt out, as are Clinton's drug links and many others.
Read 'Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA' by Terry Reed and John Cummings; read 'Cocaine Politics: Drugs, Armies, and the CIA in Central America' by Peter Dale Scott and Jonathan Marshall; read 'Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil' by Mike Ruppert and Catherine Austin Fitts.
Also, watch 'The Mena Connection + video'; ''Ritual Abuse and MK-ULTRA Mind Control " Cathy O'Brien + video"; read the article 'The Spoils of War: Afghanistan’s Multibillion Dollar Heroin Trade' + Global Research (the CIA have been 'at it' since Vietnam, shipping planeloads of drugs through their own airline, 'Air America'.
This info should not have to be put on a 'comment', I should be able to send it to Embassies, but of course if I did that it would be ignored.
Diplomats should be aware of these books; if they went to the UN wielding these books, and summarising their contents, the US 'Diplomats' would be pooping themselves.
'Skull & Bones', the 'Elite' Yale secret society of which G. W. Bush, G.H.W. Bush, and Prescott Bush ('W's grand-daddy) was set up with profits from the China opium trade.
The hypocrisy of these War Criminals is mind-boggling; youngsters get sent down for years in diabolical prisons, just for having some weed, while Governors of States, and Presidents of the United States, supervise C130's full to be imported.
PLEASE PASS THIS INFO TO RESPONSIBLE AUTHORITIES: it is pukka information.'

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela Coup?:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article37634.htm

Imperialist Warmongers making another move, a la Nick Rockefeller's revelation to Aaron Russo (see video 'Aaron Russo-Historic Interview').

News from Venezuela Analysis:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest Hands Off Venezuela newsletter:
http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/hov_newsletter_february_14.htm

Please get to work on newspaper 'Comment' sections!

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alongside the 'Colour' revolutions, 'Arab Spring' and Ukraine fomentations, was a long-standing plan to control Venezuela's huge oil reserves.

At the risk of repeating myself, may I direct anyone who is not aware of it already, to watch 'Aaron Russo - Historic Interview'. There, Nick Rockefeller (yep, one of 'THEM' Bankster warmongers) tells Aaron a lot of stuff, including 'then we go after Venezuela' (and that was in 2000).

Well, now 'THEY' are ramping up the pressure on the legitmate elected Government of Maduro, safe in the knowledge that the
supine 'Presstitutes' of the NWO Bankster owned and/or controlled MSM will slavishly follow whatever bullsh*t line they are told to roll out.

'Londoners and anyone nearby may wish to support the Venezuelan Govt.,
by attending a rally March 5 (this Wednesday). It marks one year since the death of Hugo Chávez.
The Bolivarian revolution is once again under threat, through a concerted
campaign of violence, road blockades and media distortions. We call upon
everyone to support the rally called in Trafalgar Square on that day, from
5 to 7 pm in defence of the Venezuelan revolution and the democratically
elected president Maduro (more details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/744229175609484/). Then we invite everyone
to participate in the opening of a picture exhibition celebrating the life
and struggle of Hugo Chávez at Bolivar Hall, 54 Grafton Way (Nearest tube: Warren Street) from 7pm.

Register
here: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/REMINDER--Opening-Reception-of-a-Ph oto-Exhibition-celebrating-the-life-of-Hugo-Ch-vez-.html?soid=11026046 29797&aid=E73co2dnp6s

Follow us on twitter (https://twitter.com/HOVcampaign) and Facebook
(https://www.facebook.com/hands.off.venezuela) for regular updates from
the Bolivarian revolution and information on events.

See y'all there!!!

(Though the venues apparently slightly clash re times, Trafalgar Square due to end, and Bolivar Hall due to start, at 7pm, don't worry. They are quite close).

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a successful media black out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFS6cP9auDc

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Quite a successful media black out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFS6cP9auDc

You don't seem to get it: this is all cr*p, what is happening in Venezuela is the same as what happened in Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Ukraine, South Ossetia and is ongoing in Syria.
And of course, what happened to Allende's Chile!!

Please inform yourself (you could start by watching 'Aaron Russo - Historic Interview', and Venezuela Analysis http://venezuelanalysis.com/
and HoV website http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/news_and_analysis/

Don't fall for slick pro-US policy propaganda videos that turn the truth on it's head.

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela, the United States, and Obama:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article37884.htm

'..President Obama’s Latin American policy has been richly consistent with the arrogant imperial sentiments expressed in The Audacity of Hope. Highlights include:

Extending the United States’ crushing half-century trade embargo on Cuba.
Continuing to provide hundreds of billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to the corrupt, right wing paramilitary regime of Columbia, a lethal enemy of democratic, left-leaning governments and movements across Latin America.
Obtaining seven new military bases in Columbia to enhance the Pentagon’s capacity to support the rollback of national independence, democracy, and social justice in Latin America.
Maintaining a strict silence when Peruvian armed forces massacred indigenous people protesting land grabs by multinational corporations operating under U.S.-Peru Free Trade Agreement in June of 2009.[4]
Aiding and abetting right-wing coups in Honduras (2009) and Paraguay (2012).
Of course, we hardly have to guess about the Obama administration’s wish for regime change in Venezuela today. As Latin American expert Mike Weisbrot noted two weeks ago in The Guardian, “we all know who the US government supports in Venezuela. They don’t really try to hide it: there’s $5m in the 2014 US federal budget for funding opposition activities inside Venezuela, and this is almost certainly the tip of the iceberg – adding to the hundreds of millions of dollars of overt support over the past 15 years.”...'

'...The real barriers to U.S.-basked regime change in Caracas are external to Washington’s desires. They have to do with the balance of forces inside Venezuela, Latin America, and the hemisphere. As journalist Steve Elsner notes:

“There are several key factors favoring the Venezuelan government that make regime change…less [than] likely. First, the Chavistas have the electoral support of fifty percent or more of the population with a mobilization capacity that has since 2003 exceeded that of the opposition. Second, less than two months ago the Chavistas defeated the opposition at the polls by a substantial margin. Third, [they have] solid support in the military, not just from an ‘institutionalist’ faction but from officers who identify with Chavismo. And fourth, Venezuela counts on a united Latin America, more so than at any other time throughout its two-century history, and solid backing during the current conflict from governments throughout the region.”[9]

The popular Bolivarian revolution has gone too far and achieved too much in Venezuela to be quickly unseated like a Zelaya, a Lugo, or an Arbenz (overthrown in a CIA coup in 1954). As Weisbrot recently noted, the Venezuelan right’s leading figures (Caprilles, Lopez, and Maria Corina Machado) “are all far too rich, elitist, and right wing (think of Mitt Romney and his contempt for the 47%) for a country that has repeatedly voted for candidates running on a platform of socialism.” Further:

“Back in 2003, because it did not control the oil industry, the government had not yet delivered much on its promises. A decade later, poverty and unemployment have been reduced by more than half, extreme poverty by more than 70%, and millions have pensions that they did not have before. Most Venezuelans are not about to throw all this away because they have had a year and a half of high inflation and increasing shortages. In 2012, according to the World Bank, poverty fell by 20% – the largest decline in the Americas. The recent problems have not gone on long enough for most people to give up on a government that has raised their living standards more than any other government in decades.” [10]

The Obama administration is probably not stupid enough to push for a Venezuelan coup this spring or summer. The context is not propitious from a pragmatic imperial perspective. Washington has a few other things to take up its attention on the global stage at present. And administration planners no doubt remember how ridiculous the George W. Bush administration looked when it supported the 2002 Venezuelan coup, which was rapidly undone by a giant popular mobilization.

Long term, however, Washington and its right wing allies can be expected to continue a prolonged war of attrition and sabotage designed to increase the costs to ordinary Venezuelans for supporting a socialist and democratic government in their country – for trying to “follow their own path to development” beyond the supervision of their supposed North American superiors. That was the strategy that finally compelled endlessly besieged and harassed Nicaraguans to vote out the Sandinista Party in the early 1990s....'

!Venezuela si, Yanqui no! Venezuela is in for a bumpy ride; God Bless Venezuela, God Bless Maduro, God Bless the Bolivarian Revolution!
!La lucha continua! ('no terminara facilmente', unfortunately)

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[VIDEO] Giselle Rubilar, shot dead when removing opposition road block - why is the media not reporting it?:
http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/giselle_killed_merida.htm

'On Saturday, March 8, Gisella Rubilar, 47, was shot dead and two other people suffered serious gunshot wounds when they were removing an opposition roadblock which prevented safe passage to their working class and poor neighbourhood of Pie del Tiro, in the Andean capital of Merida, Venezuela. You will not have heard about it in the mass media, but this incident was part of a growing trend of opposition violence against working class and poor neighbourhoods fighting back.

It was after 9 pm on Saturday, March 8. Gisella Rubilar Figueroa came out with a group of people from the working class and poor neighbourhood of Pie del Tiro to clear the road blockade in the intersection of the main Avenida Los Proceres and Lomas de los Vientos in Mérida, Venezuela.

After clearing the debris which blocked the access to Pie del Tiro, they remained on site for while. It was then that they were attacked and shot at by a group of masked young men. Three of those who cleared the opposition barricade had to be hospitalised with gunshot wounds: José Rincón, 51; Javier Osuna Briceño, 39 and Gisella who had been shot in the face and died on Sunday, March 9.

Gisella was Chilean, 47 and a mother of 4 who was living in Mérida and studying a masters in education at the University of Los Andes (ULA), where both her parents were teachers. She was a supporter and activist of the Bolivarian revolution...'

'
The killing of Giselle has been covered by the media in Venezuela and Chile, but has not even been mentioned by the mass media in Spain or any of the English language mass media in the UK and the US. Of course, the story of working class and poor Bolivarian supporters being shot and killed by violent, armed, masked opposition thugs does not fit in the picture of a “repressive regime” attacking “peaceful student protests” which the mass media internationally has been building over the last month.

Further to this killing, two other people were killed by gunshot coming from opposition thugs on Thursday, March 6, in Los Cortijos, in the East of Caracas. Here, a group of middle class opposition protesters had been besieging the state TV channel VTV Canal 8, for nearly a month, harassing the TV station workers as they were going to and coming back from work, throwing molotov cocktails at the channel’s installations, setting burning barricades, and throwing objects. This had also disrupted the activity of motorbike taxi drivers in the whole area.

Opposition supporters had taken to laying steel wire (guayas) across the streets, at 1.20 m of height, to knock down motorbike riders. On February 21, a motorbike taxi rider, Santiago Enrique Pedroza, 29, was beheaded when he collided with one such guaya, in the same part of Caracas. A woman died in Mérida, Delia Elena Lobo Arias, 40, in the same circumstances.

On March 6, a large number of organised motorbike taxi drivers decided to clear the barricades in Los Ruices, the area around VTV TV channel. When they were removing the debris from the road they were attacked by masked young men from the nearby buildings throwing stones, bottles, incendiary bombs and shooting at them with guns. As a result, a young moto-taxi driver, Jose Gregorio Amaris Castillo and a young sergeant of the National Guard, Acnes López Lyon, were shot dead. It is also very unlikely that you have heard of these four killings in the mass media...'

I suggest interested people watch for articles about Venezuela in the MSM, and either write or comment online regarding these killings.

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Venezuelan Air Force Generals Arrested for Alleged Coup Plotting:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10535

'“Last night we captured three Air Force generals that we had been investigating thanks to the powerful moral force of our National Bolivarian Armed Forces: three generals that aimed to rise the Air Force against the legitimately constituted government,” he said during a live broadcast on state TV.

Maduro argued that those arrested “have direct links with the opposition, and said that this week was decisive”. According to the president, the alleged coup plot involves creating “psychological” chaos through attacking electricity and other services, and then striking against the government. The three generals are now under custody and will face an investigation...'

'Merida, Venezuela: Testimonies of the Barricades':
http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/10438

Last edited by outsider on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
outsider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela Emergency meeting London Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:00 pm Mon Mar 31, 2014 outsider
What is really happening in Venezuela? Emergency meeting with Ewan Robertson, 31 March‏:

For over a month opposition protesters in Venezuela have been
demonstrating against the democratically elected government of president
Maduro. As well as peaceful demonstrations, a small violent minority has
resorted to violence, destruction of public and private property, arson
attacks against university buildings and Barrio Adentro health centres.
Over 30 people in total have been killed in violence related to these
protests. Who are they and in what circumstances were they killed?
What is the aim of these protests and how much support do they have in
Venezuelan society?
Ewan Robertson is a Venezuelanalysis.com journalist based in Mérida,
Venezuela, who has written a detailed investigation about the people
killed during the protests. He is just back from Venezuela and will be
speaking about what is really happening in Venezuela.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/628538683883864/

Monday 31 March 7 p.m.
Bolivar Hall
54 Grafton Way
London W1T 5DL (nearest tube: Warren Street)
Free entry

ian neal
Site Founder
Site Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview with Ex-CIA Collaborator: “The CIA’s Plans in Venezuela Are Far Advanced” By Raúl Capote

In a recent interview in Havana, a former CIA collaborator, Cuban Raúl Capote, revealed the strategy of the CIA in Venezuelan universities to create the kind of destabilizing opposition student movement the country is currently facing. He also discusses media manipulation, and alleges that one of the U.S. diplomats that President Maduro expelled from Venezuela last September was in fact a CIA agent. The following translation and notes were made by Sabina C. Becker.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article38063.htm

March 26, 2014 "Information Clearing House - Raúl Capote is a Cuban. But not just any Cuban. In his youth, he was caught up by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). They offered him an infinite amount of money to conspire in Cuba. But then something unexpected for the US happened. Capote, in reality, was working for Cuban national security. From then on, he served as a double agent. Learn his story, by way of an exclusive interview with the Chávez Vive magazine, which he gave in Havana:

Q. What was the process by which you were caught up?

It started with a process of many years, several years of preparation and capture. I was leader of a Cuban student movement which, at that time, gave rise to an organization, the Saiz Brothers Cultural Association, a group of young creators, painters, writers, artists. I worked in a city in southern-central Cuba, Cienfuegos, which had characteristics of great interest to the enemy, because it was a city in which an important industrial pole was being built at the time. They were building an electrical centre, the only one in Cuba, and there were a lot of young people working on it. For that reason, it was also a city that had a lot of young engineers graduated in the Soviet Union. We’re talking of the last years of the 1980s, when there was that process called Perestroika. And many Cuban engineers, who arrived in Cuba at that time, graduated from there, were considered people who had arrived with that idea of Perestroika. For that reason, it was an interesting territory, where there were a lot of young people. And the fact that I was a youth leader of a cultural organization, which dealt with an important sector of the engineers who were interested in the arts, became of interest to the North Americans, and they began to frequent the meetings we attended. They never identified themselves as enemies, or as officials of the CIA.

Q. Were there many of them, or just always the same person?

Several. They never presented themselves as officials of the CIA, nor as people who had come to cause trouble, or anything.

Q. And who do you suppose they were?

They presented themselves as people coming to help us and our project, and who had the ability to finance it. That they had the chance to make it a reality. The proposal, as such, sounded interesting because, okay, a project in the literary world requires that you know a publisher, that you have editorial relations. It’s a very complex market. And they came in the name of publishers. What happened is that, during the process of contact with us, what they really wanted became quite evident. Because once they had made the contact, once they had begun frequenting our meetings, once they began to promise financing, then came the conditions for being financed.

Q. What conditions did they demand?

They told us: We have the ability to put the markets at your disposal, to put you on the markets of books or sculpture or movies or whatever, but we need the truth, because what we’re selling in the market, is the image of Cuba. The image of Cuba has to be a realistic one, of difficulties, of what’s going on in the country. They wanted to smear the reality of Cuba. What they were asking is that you criticize the revolution, based on anti-Cuba propaganda lines, which they provided.

Q. How big was these people’s budget?

They came with an infinite amount of money, because the source of the money, obviously, we found out over time from whence it came. For example, there was USAID, which was the big provider, the overall contractor of this budget, which channeled the money via NGOs, many of them invented just for Cuba. They were NGOs that didn’t exist, created solely for this type of job in Cuba, and we’re talking thousands and thousands of dollars. They weren’t working on small budgets. To give you an example, at one time, they offered me ten thousand dollars, just to include elements of anti-Cuba propaganda, in the novel I was writing.

Q. What year are we talking about?

Around 1988-89.

Q. How many people could have been contacted by these people, or captured?

In reality, their success didn’t last long, because in Cuba there was a culture of total confrontation with this type of thing, and the people knew very well that there was something behind that story of them wanting to “help” us. It was nothing new in the history of the land, and for that reason, it was very hard for them to get to where we were. In a determined moment, around 1992, we held a meeting, all the members of the organization, and we decided to expel them. They weren’t allowed to attend any more of our meetings. Those people, who were already coming in with concrete proposals, and also preconditioned economic aid they were giving us. What happened is that at the moment we did that, and rejected them, we expelled them from the association headquarters, then they started to particularize. They began to visit with me, in particular, and other comrades as well, young people. With some they succeeded, or should I say, they succeeded in getting some of them out of the country as well.

Q. What kind of profile were they looking for, more or less, if any kind of profile could be specified?

They wanted, above all at that time, to present Cuba as a land in chaos. That socialism in Cuba had not managed to satisfy the needs of the population, and that Cuba was a country that socialism had landed in absolute poverty, and which, as a model, no one liked. That was the key to what they were pursuing, above all, at that time.

Q. How long were you an agent of the CIA?

We were in this initial story until 1994. Because in 1994, I went to Havana, I came back to the capital and here, in the capital, I began to work for the Union of Cultural Workers, a union which represented the cultural workers of the capital, and I became more interesting yet to them, because I went on to direct — from being a leader of a youth organization with 4,000 members, to directing a union with 40,000 members, just in the city of Havana. And then, it gets much more interesting. Contacts followed. In that period there appeared a woman professor from a new university who came with the mission of kick-starting the production of my literary work, to become my representative, to organize events.

Q. Can you give her name?

No, because they used pseudonyms. They never used real names. And that type of work, promoting me as a writer, was what they were very interested in, because they wanted to convert me into a personality in that world. Promoting me now, and compromising me with them in an indirect manner. And then, in 2004, there arrived in Havana a person well known in Venezuela, Kelly Keiderling. Kelly came to Havana to work as Chief of the Office of Press and Culture. They set up a meeting. they arranged a cocktail party, and at that party I met with 12 North American functionaries, North Americans and Europeans. They weren’t only North Americans. All of them people with experience, some also inside the Soviet Union, others who had participated in training and preparation of the people in Yugoslavia, in the Color Revolutions, and they were very interested in meeting me. Kelly became very close to me. She began to prepare me. She began to instruct me. I began to receive, from her, a very solid training: The creation of alternative groups, independent groups, the organization and training of youth leaders, who did not participate in the works of our cultural institutions. And that was in 2004-5. Kelly practically vanished from the scene in 2005-6. And when I started to work, she put me in direct contact with officials of the CIA. Supposedly, I was already committed to them, I was ready for the next mission, and they put me in touch with Renee Greenwald, an official of the CIA, who worked with me directly, and with a man named Mark Waterhein, who was, at the time, the head of Project Cuba, of the Pan-American Foundation for Development.

This man, Mark, as well as directing Project Cuba, had a direct link to Cuba, in terms of financing the anti-revolutionary project, as well as being involved in working against Venezuela. That is, he was a man who, along with much of his team of functionaries of that famous project, also worked against Venezuela at that time. They were closely connected. At times it took a lot of work to tell who was working with Cuba, and who was not, because many times they interlocked. For example, there were Venezuelans who came to work with me, who worked in Washington, who were subordinates of the Pan-American Foundation and the CIA, and they came to Cuba to train me as well, and to bring provisions. From there arose the idea of creating a foundation, a project called Genesis.

Genesis is maybe the template, as an idea, of many of the things going on in the world today, because Genesis is a project aimed at the university youth of Cuba. They were doing something similar in Venezuela. Why? The idea was to convert universities — which have always been revolutionary, which have produced revolutionaries, out of those from which many of the revolutionaries of both countries came — and convert them into factories for reactionaries. So, how do you do that? By making leaders. What have they begun to do in Venezuela? They sent students to Yugoslavia, financed by the International Republican Institute (IRI), which was financed by USAID and by the Albert Einstein Institute, and sent them, in groups of ten, with their professors.

Q. Do you have the names of the Venezuelans?

No, we’re talking of hundreds being sent. I spoke with the professor, and watched one group and followed the other. Because they were working long-term. The same plan was also in place against Cuba. Genesis promoted, with in the university, a plan of training scholarships for Cuban student leaders and professors. The plan was very similar. Also, in 2003, they prepared here, in Havana, a course in the US Interests Section, which was called “Deposing a leader, deposing a dictator”, which was based on the experience of OTPOR in removing Slobodan Milosevic from power. And that was the idea, inside the Cuban university, to work long-term, because these projects always take a long time in order to reap a result. For that reason, they also started early in Venezuela. I believe as well — I don’t have proof, but I believe that in Venezuela it began before the Chávez government, because the plan of converting Latin American universities, which were always sources of revolutionary processes, into reactionary universities, is older than the Venezuelan [Bolivarian] process, to reverse the situation and create a new right-wing.

Q. Did the CIA only work in Caracas?

No, throughout Venezuela. Right now, Genesis has a scholarship plan to create leaders in Cuba. They provide scholarships to students to big North American universities, to train them as leaders, with all expenses paid. They pay their costs, they provide complete scholarships. We’re talking 2004-5 here. It was very obvious. Then, those leaders return to university at some time. They’re students. They go to end their careers. Those leaders, when they end their student careers, go on to various jobs, different possibilities, as engineers, as degree-holders in different sectors of Cuban society, but there are others who go on constantly preparing leaders within the university. One of the most important missions of the university leaders was to occupy the leadership of the principal youth organizations of the university. In the case of Cuba, we’re talking about the Union of Communist Youth, and the University Student Federation. That is, it was not to create parallel groups at that time, but to become the leaders of the organizations already existing in Cuba. Also, to form a group of leaders in the strategies of the “soft” coup. That is, training people for the opportune moment to start the famous “color revolutions” or “non-violent wars”, which, as you well know, have nothing to do with non-violence.

Q. What were they looking for in a professor, in order to capture them?

Professors are very easy. Identify university professors discontented with the institution, frustrated people, because they considered that the institution did not guarantee them anything, or didn’t recognize their merits. If they were older, even better. They didn’t specify. Look for older persons, so you can pick them. If you send a scholarship plan, or you send it and, first crack, they receive an invitation to participate in a great international congress of a certain science, they will be eternally grateful to you, because you were the one who discovered their talent, which has never been recognized by the university. Then that man you sent to study abroad, if you’re from his university, and participating in a big event, and publish his works, and constructing him a curriculum. When that person returns to Cuba, he goes back with a tremendous curriculum, because he has participated in a scientific event of the first order, has passed courses from big universities, and his curriculum reaches to the roof, then the influence he could have in the university will be greater, because he could be recognized as a leading figure in his specialty, even though in practice the man could be an ignoramus.

Q. And how effective were these types of captures, that type of missions they came to accomplish here?

In the case of Cuba, they didn’t have much of a result. First, because there was a most important reason, because I was the one directing the project, and I, in reality, was not an agent of the CIA, I was an agent of Cuban security, and so, the whole project passed through my hands, and they thought I was the one who would execute it. And the plan always passed through the work I was able to do, and what we did was slow it down as much as possible, knowing right away what was being planned. But just think, the goal of their plan, they were calculating for the moment in which the historic figures of the Revolution would disappear. They were figuring on a five- or ten-year term, in which Fidel would disappear from the political scene, and Raúl, and the historic leaders of the land. That was the moment they were waiting for, and when that happened, I was to leave university, with all the support of the international press and that of the NGOs, USAID, and all the people working around the CIA’s money, and that there would arise an organization which would present itself before the light of the public, as an alternative to what the Revolution was doing. That is what was to have happened with the Genesis Foundation for Freedom.

Q. What is that Foundation?

The Genesis Foundation for Freedom was to have a discourse, apparently revolutionary, but the idea was to confuse the people. The idea is that they would say they were revolutionaries, that what they wanted was to make changes in the government, but, when it comes to practice, when you get to the essence of the project, when you ask yourself “What is the project?” the discourse was, and the project was, exactly the same as those of the traditional right-wing. Because the changes they promoted, were the same that the right-wing, for a long time, has been promoting in the country. In practice, they almost had their big opportunity, according to their criteria, in 2006, when the news came out on TV that Fidel, for health reasons, was stepping down from his governmental responsibilities, and they have always said that the Cuban Revolution would die when Fidel died. Because the Revolution was Fidel, and on the day Fidel was no longer there, either by dying or leaving government, the next day the Revolution would fall. And they calculated that there would be internal confrontations, that there would be discontent with this or that. Calculations that I don’t know where they got them from, but they believed it. And in that moment, they believed that the time had come to act.

Q. We’re talking about 2006. What was the plan?

They called me automatically. We met, the CIA station chief and I, here in Havana. Diplomatic functionaries also showed up, and one of them said to me, we’re going to organize a provocation. We’re going to organize a popular uprising in a central neighborhood in Havana. There will be a person going there to rise up for democracy, and we’re going to execute a group of provocations, in different locations, in such a way that Cuban security forces will be forced to act against these people, and later we’ll start a big press campaign and start explaining how all of this will function. The interesting part of that, what really caught my attention, was this: How was it possible that a functionary of the US Interests Section could have the power to call upon the principal media, and that those people would obey with such servility? It was really attention-getting. The idea was — and I even told them this — what you’re telling me is just crazy. This man you mentioned to me, called Alci Ferrer — the guy they picked, a young agent, a doctor — they picked him to be the ringleader of the uprising. I told them, that guy won’t budge anyone. No one is going to rise up in the centre of Havana. The date they picked was none other than Fidel’s birthday, and they told me that day! And I said, Look, buddy, if that man, on that day, decides to go make proclamations, or to start some kind of uprising in the middle of Havana, the people are going to respond harshly. It’s even possible that they might kill him. Why, how could you put him in a humble working-class neighborhood to start those things, the locals…And he told me, flat out, the best thing that could happen for us is if they kill that man, it would be perfect, and they explained to me what would happen. All he had to do was provoke. They would go into the street, and there would be a clash there. If that happened, the press would do the rest, and they told me, we’re going to start a huge media campaign to demonstrate that there is chaos in Cuba, that Cuba is ungovernable; that in Cuba, Raúl is unable to hold the reins of government; that the civilian population is being killed; that students are being repressed in the street, and the people in the street, that the police are committing crimes. What a resemblance to Venezuela! It’s not a coincidence. It’s like that.

Q. So, what was supposed to happen in those circumstances?

Once all the opinion matrices were created, and all the media matrices had constructed that image, the whole world was supposed to have the image of Cuba as a great disaster, and that they’re killing the people, that they are killing them all. Then, my organization was to complete the final task.

Q. What was the final task?

Well, to gather the international press, in my capacity as a university professor, and as a writer, and as a leader of that organization, that I go out publicly to ask the government of the United States to intervene in Cuba, to guarantee the lives of the civilians and to bring peace and tranquility to the Cuban people. To speak to the country in the name of the Cuban people. Just imagine that!

That plan fell apart on them. It gave them no result, but as you could see, later, the way the war in Libya went, and the way it was set up. More than 80% of the information we saw, was fabricated. They’re doing the same in Syria, and they’ve done the same in Ukraine. I have had the opportunity to converse with a lot of Ukrainians, since they were in the bases. People in favor of uniting with Europe. I tried to talk with them these days. Trying to find out, what are those processes like? And they were surprised at the images which were transmitted around the world. What happened in Miami, and they themselves said so, but we’ve been protesting there, but those things that appear on TV, that was a group, or rather, there were sectors, there were places where there were right-wing groups, of the very far right, where there were incidents of that type, and where they burned things, but the greater part of the demonstrations didn’t have those characteristics. Or that this is, once more, the repetition of the scheme, using all the communication media.

Q. The relationship between the CIA and the embassies, in the respective lands, are they direct, then?

Yes, completely direct. In every embassy in Latin America, all the US embassies have CIA officials, working within them, using the façade of diplomatic functionaries.

Q. From what you know, is there a greater CIA presence in the region?

Well, at a certain moment, Ecuador was a major power in that, it had a strong concentration of them, and of course, Venezuela, because in 2012, when I attended the Book Fair in Caracas, all those people who had worked with me against Cuba, all the CIA officials, including Kelly Keiderling, were in Caracas at that time. And I was on a TV show, on VTV, where we talked about this subject, being very careful, because we were talking about two countries who have relations. That’s not the case with Cuba, or rather, Cuba has no relations with the United States. That’s a declared enemy. But we were talking about functionaries who had diplomatic relations, and it was very awkward to do it, without having concrete proofs you could present. However, the interview happened, and the denunciation was made of what was going on. Kelly Keiderling is an expert in this type of war. I have not the slightest doubt. When one follows the itinerary she has, in the countries where she’s been, and when I was in that type of conflict.

She has toured a series of countries in the world where very similar situations have occurred, like what she tried to do in Venezuela. And when you analyze Venezuela, and what has happened nowadays and the way in which she has acted, I think that in Venezuela, the characteristic that has been that they are tremendously aggressive in the manipulation of the information. Tremendously aggressive. To the point where you say it’s a blunder, because there are images which are so obviously not from Venezuela. I saw a very famous one, in which a soldier appears with a journalist, with a camera.They are Koreans. It’s an image from Korea. They’re Asian. They don’t look like Venezuelans at all. Also, the uniforms they wear. They’ve been very aggressive with that image which has projected what’s going on in Venezuela to the world. The greater part of the world’s people, this image is the one they’re seeing, of what they’re trying to say.

Q. They control the media. Do you know any case of any journalist which has been, as you have seen, known or unknown, which you have seen in the process of training?

No.

Q. CNN, for example?

No, there was a guy who had a lot of ties to me at the time here, who served as a link for meeting an official from the CIA., Antony Golden, of Reuters. But, all right, he was an element independent of Reuters. CNN has always been very closely linked to all these things. CNN, from its first moments of operation, above all this latest step, and above all, CNN en Español, has been an indispensable tool for these people, but the problem is that you have to understand one thing: to understand what’s going on, and to be able to mount a campaign, you have to understand that nowadays, there is no TV station that acts on its own. There are the conglomerates, and the communications conglomerates — who directs them? Because, for example, Time Warner and AOL, and all those big communications companies — cable TV, movie TV, TV in general — who is the boss, in the end? Here it’s Westinghouse, there it’s General Electric. The same who build warplanes, the same US arms industry, the same people who are the owners of TV networks, movie studios, publications, book publishers. So, the same guys who produce warplanes, the cookie you’ll eat at night, that presents an artist to you, are the same who rule the newspapers of the entire world. Who do these people answer to?

Q. When you see what’s happening in Venezuela, and you compare it with what you did here [in Cuba], what conclusion can you draw?

It’s a new strategy, which they’ve been developing based on the experience they’ve had all over the world, but I see, I’m convinced, that they’ve only gotten results when people in those places don’t support the revolution. They managed it with Milosevic, because Milosevic was a Yugoslavian leader whose image had fallen far, thanks to things that happened in Yugoslavia. The same happened in Ukraine, because Yanukovych was a man with very little popular support, and it has given results in other places where the governments had little support from the people. Wherever they have a legitimate government, a solid government, and people disposed to defend the revolution, the plan has failed on them.

Q. And what phase do they enter when the plan fails?

They’re going to keep on doing it, they’ll go on perfecting it. We are the enemy. That is, Venezuela, Cuba, everything going on in Latin America as an alternative. We are the dissidents of the world. We live in a world dominated by capitalism. Where that new capitalist way of being dominates, so that now one can’t even call it imperialist, it’s something new, something that goes way beyond what students of Marxism wrote in history years ago. It’s something new, novel. It’s a power, practically global, of the big transnationals, of those megalopolies they’ve created. Therefore, we are the enemy. We are presenting an alternative project. The solution that the world proposes to us, is not that. We know how to do it, and Cuba, Venezuela, the ALBA countries, have demonstrated that it can be done, that one or two days more are nothing. The Cuban revolution has been in existence for 55 years, and with political will, it has achieved things that the US government, with all the money in the world, has been unable to do. So that’s a bad example.

And I’ve told my students: Can you imagine that the Indignants in Spain, the thousands and millions of workers out of work in Spain, that the Greeks, that all those people in all the world, know what we’re doing? Can you imagine that these people get to know who Chávez is? Or who Fidel is? Or of the things we’re doing here? Or the things we’re doing with so few resources, only the will to make revolution and share the wealth? What will happen to capitalism? How much longer will capitalism last, which has to spend billions of dollars, every day, to build its image and fool the people? What would happen if the people knew who we really are? What is the Cuban Revolution, really, and what is the Venezuelan Revolution? Because, if you talked to a Spaniard and asked him about Chávez, and he gives you a terrible opinion of Chávez, because it’s what they’ve constructed in his mind/ And you meet an unemployed person who tells you that Chávez is a bad guy, because the media have convinced him of that, but if these people knew how things really were! So they can’t allow that such formidable enemies as ourselves should be there, at the door.

Q. From the viewpoint of the national sovereignty of our people, how can we stop the CIA? We’ve already talked about the consciousness of the people, which is fundamental in these types of actions, but, in the concrete, how does one foresee the CIA’s work? What can be done? What recommendations do you have?

I think of a thing that Chávez said, and that Fidel has always said, that is the key to defeating the empire, and that is unity. It’s not a slogan, it’s a reality. It’s the only way you have of defeating a project like that. A project that comes from the Special Services and from capitalism. One can only do it with the unity of the people.

Q. Are we talking about the civilian-military?

Yes, unity in all senses. Unity based in diversity, in the peoples, but unity as a nation, unity as a project. Wherever the people are divided, there is another reality.

Q. Where do they have to concentrate? In what area must they concentrate forces to defend us from this type of actions, this type of attacks?

The army to defeat that is the people. I believe that the Cuban experience has taught that very well. There are experiences in the world which mark you very clearly. What has happened in the world, when the people have not been protagonists in defence of the Revolution? And when the people have been protagonists, what happened? And there’s the case of Cuba. We have managed to defeat the CIA and the empire millions of times, because the people have been the protagonist.

Q. Does the CIA use the databases of the social networks, and that sort of thing, to define their plans?

They’re the masters. They’re the masters of that. Fine, there are the denunciations of Snowden and all that has come out of Wikileaks, and all those things that are no secret to anyone, because we suspected, but it’s been demonstrated. It’s been demonstrated that the servers, the Internet, are theirs. All the servers in the world, in the end, die in the North Americans’ servers. They are the mother of the Internet, and all the networks and services are controlled by them. They have access to all the information. And they don’t hesitate to record it. Facebook is an extraordinary database. People put everything on Facebook. Who are your friends? What are their tastes, what movies have they seen? What do they consume? And it’s a source of firsthand information.

Q. Have you been in contact with Kelly Keiderling, after what happened in Venezuela?

No, I haven’t had contact with her. I don’t know what was her final destination, after what happened (she was expelled from Venezuela for meeting with and financing terrorists).

Q. With the experience she has, how far was she able to penetrate into Venezuela, and Venezuelan universities?

I am certain that she got quite far. She’s a very intelligent agent, very well prepared, very capable, and very convinced of what she’s doing. Kelly is a person convinced of the job she is doing. She is convinced of the justness, from her point of view, of what she is doing. Because she is an unconditional representative of capitalism. Because she comes from capitalism’s elite. She is organic of the actions she is doing. There is no contradiction of any kind. And, based on the experience of her work, of her capability, I am sure that she managed to get very far, and gave continuity to a job which is not just for now, it’s a job she will go on doing for a long time, to reverse the process in Venezuelan universities. What’s going on is that up to whatever point they can reach, in the long term, that is what will show the Bolivarian process, in the measure of which the people are aware of what could happen. If that fascist right wing becomes uncontrollable, it could get into power again.

Q. What kind of person who has contacts, who could reach the people, such as by being an activist in a movement, could be captured by the CIA?

They will find them, they will try to do it. If it’s a young person and a leader, they will try to capture them for their interests. We have to train our leaders. We can’t leave that to spontaneity, we can’t leave that to the enemy. So, if we leave them to the enemy, those are spaces which the enemy will occupy. Any alternative project that we leave unattended, any alternative project that we don’t realize the necessity of getting close to, that is a project that the enemy will try, by all means, to take advantage of. Using the enormous amount of money they have for that, which has no limits, in terms of resources to be used, because they are playing with the future and, above all, the young are the key.

The good thing is that the young are the present of Latin America. The Latin American revolution which is there, which is everywhere, is of the young. If not, fine, it will never have results, and if you manage to make young people think differently, if you succeed in getting these youngsters to believe that savage capitalism is the solution to all their problems, then there will be no revolution for Latin America. It’s that simple.
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Example of lies being spread via MSM, and something we can do to expose and oppose it in this instance:

ACTION ALERT: Add your name here to the below Academics Letter Calling for Correction of Inaccurate Video on Venezuela Placed on Guardian Website

Please find below a letter recently sent from academics to The Guardian requesting correction of an inaccurate video published on their website. We now are asking you to show your opposition to media misrepresentation of Venezuela by taking 30 seconds to fill in this easy online form to add your name to their letter.

FYI, further information on these inaccuracies this can be found here (http://www.venezuelasolidarity.co.uk/outlining-basic-factual-errors-i n-youtube-video-whats-going-on-in-venezuela-in-a-nutshell/ )

LETTER FROM ACADEMICS:

We, the undersigned, request that The Guardian corrects significant inaccuracies published in “How a first-time film-maker alerted the world to Venezuela's student protests”(Shortcuts Blog, 17 February 2014).

The YouTube video, created by Adreina Nash, and republished by the Guardian contains serious inaccuracies regarding the situation and events in Venezuela, and was featured on the Guardian website without any qualification of these inaccuracies.Clear examples of incorrect information conveyed through this video are:

· False claims that millions die each day in Venezuela

· Two serious inaccuracies in its description of the 3 fatalities that had occurred (by the time the film was uploaded to Youtube) as a result of the current wave of violence in Venezuela. This includes citing as murdered somebody who is alive and omitting the death of a supporter of the government, despite widespread coverage of this in the media, and whose exclusion distorts the real events in the country

· Claiming that all opposition protests are peaceful despite the use of Molotov cocktails, rocks and other objects as weapons including on assaults on a State Governor’s house and the Ministry of Justice having already occurred at the time the video was made.·

False claims that the Venezuelan government is ‘illegitimate’ despite internationally verified elections

· False claims that the Venezuelan ‘government has taken control of the few TV stations that brought to light their corruption to the Venezuelan people’ when private TV stations have a 90% audience share.

The Editors’ Code of Practice published by the Press Complaints Commission notes that “The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.”And that “A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and - where appropriate - an apology published.”We believe that, in publishing this video on their website, the Guardian have failed to take due care in preventing inaccurate material being published. We therefore request that action is taking to issue a correction outlining the inaccuracies in the video.

Yours, Dr.Francisco Dominguez, Head of Latin American Studies, Middlesex University // Dr. Hakim Adi, University of Chichester // Dr Tunc Aybak, Middlesex University // Professor Mike Cole, Bishop Grosseteste University // Dr. Michael Derham, Northumbria University // Dr .Mark Dinneen, University of Southampton // Dr. Lucio Esposito, University of East Anglia // Professor John Gledhill, University of Manchester // Professor Peter Lambert, University of Bath // Dr. Geraldine Lievesley, Manchester Metropolitan University // Alpesh Maisuria, Lecturer, University of East London // Hazel Marsh, Lecturer, University of East Anglia // Professor Susan Michie, University College London // Dr Bevis Miller, University of Bristol // Dr. Thomas Muhr, University of Bristol // Dr. DL Raby University of Liverpool // Professor Jonathan Rosenhead, London School of Economics & Political Science // Professor Vincenzo Ruggiero, Middlesex University and fill in this easy online form to add your name

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sock it to 'em, Nicko!

Venezuela: A Call for Peace:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/opinion/venezuela-a-call-for-peace.h tml?_r=0

What gives with the NY Times? Are they 'getting 'Religion', 'seeing the Light', all ready? Good on yer, Nicko, and good on yer, NY Times!
Such a thing!

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now the Guardian gives Maduro a platform (they have Seamus Milne and Jonathan Watts in Caracas):

'Venezuela protests are sign that US wants our oil, says Nicolás Maduro':
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/08/venezuela-protests-sign-u s-wants-oil-says-nicolas-maduro

and another article:
'Protesters: If police shoot rubber bullets we can't throw roses back':
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/08/rubber-bullets-venezuela- protest-maduro-race-class-war

Both 'comment' lines are open, so what y'all waiting fer?

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Hands off Venezuela newsletter:
http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/hov_newsletter_april_2014.htm

'..Opposition protesters set Housing Ministry on fire..'

'.On Tuesday, April 1, a group of violent opposition protestors attacked the building of the Ministry of Housing in Caracas, setting it on fire. Over 300 people had to be evacuated, including children from a nursery in the same building. You are not likely to have read about it in the mass media. The arson attack, the fourth so far this year, against the building located in the opposition run Caracas mu-nicipality of Chacao, reveals the real nature of the Venezuelan protestors. Despite being described by the mass media as “peaceful” demonstrators, they are in fact highly violent in their methods and aims...'

And Venezuela Analysis:
'Attacks on Utilities and Other Violence Continues in Venezuela':
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10545

'.Merida, 27th March 2014 (Venezuelanalysis.com) – Attacks on utilities and public property have continued this week and so far no arrests of the perpetrators have been made.

National Electoral Council (CNE) spokesperson, Socorro Hernandez, said today from Maracaibo that authorities were evaluating damage done to the CNE offices of Zulia state, after they were torched on Tuesday.

Hernandez said “fortunately” all of the office’s information was backed up in Caracas. However, the CNE will have to be relocated, as she said 60% of it had been damaged, impeding its ability to operate.

The regional CNE head, Marisela Gonzalez said a provisional office would be set up by Monday.

The Merida water council, Aguas de Merida, said that on Sunday the Bourgin plant in the city had been poisoned with diesel. The contamination was quickly discovered following testing of water, and the water supply to Merida citywas turned off for one hour while cleaning was conducted.

“In every way, it’s about a deliberate and premeditated action... They punctured the pipes and they must have poured more than 100 litres of ... diesel in them. What would have happened to the Merida population if the contaminated water had reached their homes?” said the environment minister Miguel Rodriguez...'

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted this previously on the Ukraine thread, but it is also relevant to Venezuela:

'Ex-CIA agent reveals how Venezuelan “students” get putschist training':

http://www.sabinabecker.com/2014/03/ex-cia-agent-reveals-how-venezuela n-students-get-putschist-training.html

(Venezuelan opposition students and their teachers being taken to Belgrade for training)

Also see below; street battles, street and building takeovers, snipers, shooting both sides, including their own hapless supporters, the US hymn sheet is being played out around the world, as Western MSM does not print or show the true state of affairs:

Kiev Snipers Shooting From Bldg Controlled By Maidan Forces – Ex-Ukraine Security Chief
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article37929.htm

And CANVAS was used to train Venezuelan students in 'Regime Change' mayhem (see first link above):
'Ukraine Protests Carefully Orchestrated: The Role of CANVAS, US-Financed "Color Revolution Training Group" (Global Research):

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ukraine-protests-carefully-orchestrated-t he-role-of-canvas-us-financed-color-revolution-training-group/5369906

(above article shows identical leaflets, except for the language, one used in Egypt, the other in Kiev, coming from CANVAS in Belgrade).

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuelan Opposition Figures Face Allegations of Conspiracy:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10730

'..The opposition’s demonstrations in early February were organised as part of a strategy launched by Lopez and other hard-line opposition leaders, called “The Exit”. The government has labelled the subsequent protests and militant street barricades as an attempt to overthrow President Nicolas Maduro, while the opposition defended the protests as peaceful and solely denouncing problems surrounding the economy and insecurity.

Forty-two people were killed and around 900 were injured during the unrest, which claimed the lives of government supporters, opposition activists, members of security forces and civilian bystanders.

Since he was taken into custody, Lopez has been held at the Ramon Verde military prison, 35 kilometres south of Caracas. If he is found guilty and is sentenced to the full extent of the law, he could face between six to ten years in prison. Supporters argue that Lopez is innocent of any wrongdoing, and that the charges against him are politically motivated.

The charges are not Lopez’s first brush with the law since the Bolivarian government was elected to power in 1998. In 2008 Lopez was banned from holding public office for six years due to acts of corruption committed in 1998, when public funds were diverted from state oil company PDVSA to Lopez’s fledgling political party.

Lopez also participated in the short-lived 2002 coup against former president Hugo Chavez, signing the decree which dissolved the Venezuelan constitution and appointed business leader Pedro Carmona as interim president.

Meanwhile, one of Lopez’s closet political allies, Carlos Vecchio, has fled from Venezuela to escape an arrest warrant on charges similar to Lopez’s...'

'..Two opposition politicians have been given jail sentences so far for their role during the unrest. Mayors Enzo Scarano and Daniel Ceballos were jailed for 10 ½ and 12 months respectively for refusing to obey a Supreme Court order to dismantle militant opposition street barricades in their municipalities. The street barricades were associated with much of the violence and many of the deaths which occurred during the unrest.

Maria Corina Machado to give testimony

Meanwhile, an investigation has been launched by the Attorney General’s office after authorities released messages written by several opposition figures which purportedly show the existence of a plan to assassinate President Nicolas Maduro. The messages also appear to show collaboration between members of the Venezuelan opposition and figures in the United States government, such as the U.S. ambassador to Colombia, Kevin Whitaker.

The alleged author of one message is former parliamentary deputy and hard-line opposition leader Maria Corina Machado. On 23 May, she allegedly wrote to political colleague Diego Arria, “I think it is time to gather efforts; make the necessary calls, and obtain financing to annihilate Maduro, and the rest will fall apart by itself”...'

There should be a major new development in a few days, where the evidence of US complicity is to be announced.

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young high-rising member of the ruling PSUV Party assassinated by the 'Empire':

Venezuelan Government Reports Evidence that Serra's Assassination Tied to Right-Wing Terrorist Plot:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/

(this stinks of a US Vietnam 'Phoenix Program' type operation):

'Caracas, 3rd October 2014 (Venezuelanalysis.com) - The murder of Robert Serra, a young legislator of the PSUV (United Socialist Party of Venezuela), who was killed in his home along with his companion Maria Herrera late Wednesday night, is tied to a right-wing terrorist plot, government officials stated yesterday. Thousands filled the streets of Caracas yesterday and late last night to honor Serra’s memory. President Maduro vowed to take “swift action” against “terrorist acts.”

In response to opposition claims that Serra's death was a result of an isolated or common crime, Miguel Rodriguez Torres, Minister of Interior Relations, stated that, “We're not dealing with unfortunate events committed by a common criminal. We are dealing with an intentional murder, planned and executed with great precision...According to the evidence obtained everything points to a planned , organized and detailed [assassination] technique. ”

Venezuela's scientific investigation police (CICPC) are studying video carama footage from Serra's home and have collected forensic evidence. It has been reported that Serra and Herrera were killed by stab wounds. Herrera received 6 - 7, while Serra was gagged and handcuffed and received up to 40 stab wounds before he was murdered. The act is thought to have taken 15 - 20 minutes.

The assassinations are thought to have been carried out by a group of six men, who were armed, and gained entry into Serra's house through some kind of guise. No evidence of forced entry was found.

The secretary general of the Union of South American Nations (Unasur), former Colombian president Ernesto Samper, appeared to agree with the Venezuelan government's hypothesis as to the nature of the assassination. He responded to the news yesterday via twitter by writing, “The assassination of the young legislator Robert Serra in Venezuela is a worrying sign of the infiltration of Colombian paramilitarism.”

Government officials are claiming that the extreme Venezuelan right-wing, with links to international terrorist groups in Colombia and Miami, are behind Serra's death, and the murder of his companion Herrera.

In a recently released video, right-wing Venezuelan activist Lorent Saleh outlined his links to former Colombian President Alváro Uribe, and the acquisition of over $8000 USD worth of explosives to use in a “social cleansing.” Referring to this video, academic Steve Ellner wrote yesterday, “In the conversation Saleh makes reference to sophisticated Remington arms for sharpshooters with a list of twenty targets.” Robert Serra, the young Chavista legislator and avid defender of the Bolivarian Project, was named one of the targets of Saleh's hit list.

Ellner went on to criticize the United States' allegations of human rights violations in Venezuela “when they know full well that the type of terrorism carried out in that nation would never be tolerated in the U.S.” He also warned that “the situation resembles the prelude to the overthrow of Salvador Allende” in Chile in 1973, when the Chilean opposition did not distance themselves from violent actions including the assassination of a Chilean general.

President Nicolás Maduro paid his respects to Robert Serra and Maria Herrera yesterday and stated to the National Assembly that “criminal evidence and clues will soon make it possible to identify the material and intellectual authors of the crime.”

Thousands of Venezuelans descended upon central Caracas yesterday to pay honor to the life of Robert Serra and Maria Herrera, and to condemn the acts of violence. A motorcade of cars and motorcycles filled the shut down traffic late yesterday afternoon, and thousands of people stood in lines - even through a heavy downpour - to offer their condolences.

Robert Serra, a law graduate and criminologist, was elected in December 2010 as a member of the 2nd constituency of Caracas. He was the one of the country’s youngest elected officials and he had strong ties with grassroots movements. President Maduro called on the Venezuelan people to maintain “consciousness and fortitude" in the face of this “vile assault on the revolutionary process.”

Published on Oct 3rd 2014 at 11.58am

Believe it or not, there seems to be Sweet FA about it yet on Brit MSM!!!

I'm not capable of putting further info on it at this stage; I
need to fully digest this, and I have a few jars and I'm basically in shock at this news.

However, I have been hammering on about the inevitability of US 'dirty tricks' for years, and always point to Aaron Russo: see 'Aaron Russo - Historic Interview' with Alex Jones; 9/11 and 'then we will go after Venezuela'.
There is a talk and AGM of the Venezuela Solidarity Campaign tomorrow, Saturday 4th October, if anyone in the London area want's to go along; this assassination is bound to be discussed; but there is a charge:

AGM 2014: After Chávez, the Empire Strikes Back – Building Solidarity Against US Intervention & Anti-democratic Destabilisation:
http://www.venezuelasolidarity.co.uk/agm-2014-after-chavez-the-empire- strikes-back-building-solidarity-against-us-intervention-anti-democrat ic-destabilisation/

RIP, Sr. Robert Serra and Sra. Maria Herrera, your deaths will not be in vain.

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is STILL no mention of this assassination in the UK MSM!
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEDIA AND POLITICIANS IGNORE TERRORISM OF VENEZUELA’S OPPOSITION

María Páez Victor
5 October 2014

Last Friday, the centre of Caracas was filled with thousands of mourning citizens as they accompanied two flag draped coffins loaded with flowers they had cast upon it in homage.

If a Member of Parliament representing the Venezuelan opposition had been brutally tortured and stabbed to death in his own home, the Western press –including Canada’s- would have splashed the news in headlines around the world.

Yet this has just happened to a Member of Parliament from the governing party of Venezuela, but the international press is mostly silent. International politicians have not wrung their hands with indignation or regret, as they have about the lawful incarceration of opposition leader Leopoldo López who publicly and repeatedly incited mobs to violence and caused has at least 47 deaths.

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014, Robert Serra, 27 years old, a lawyer and legislator from the governing party PSUV, the youngest Member of Parliament of Venezuela, and his partner Maria Herrera, were assassinated in their own home in a central area of Caracas. It was an outrageous and deliberate act of terror. Robert Serra and María Herrera were tortured, stabbed and then bled to death. He specialized in criminology, and was engaged in the task of helping to curb crime in the country. María Herrera assisted him in this vital work. Robert Serra came from a poor family; his mother worked as a street hawker to help him go to law school. He was famous for his insightful interventions in parliament and was much beloved, some referred to him as “ a future Chávez”.

Their deaths were carried out systematically. Ernesto Samper, ex-president of Colombia and current president of UNASUR, said: “This crime is evidence of the infiltration of Colombian paramilitary in Venezuela.”

Just a few weeks ago, President Santos of Colombia deported to Venezuela a young man, Lorent Saleh, who had been meeting with paramilitaries in Colombia to conspire against the Venezuelan government. He appears in a video with Alvaro Uribe, ex-president of Colombia, who owes his political career to his connections to Escobar, the head of Colombian narco-traffic, and is accused by the Colombian Senate of being behind the proliferation of the paramilitary there. Saleh stated he was buying arms of war and contracting snipers and explosive experts because “they” were going to carry out selective assassination of 20 leaders of the Venezuelan government in order to bring it down. Then he said who “they” were: leaders of Venezuela’s opposition parties.

In Parliament, days before his assassination, Robert Serra had denounced -in no uncertain terms- the terrorist plans of Alvaro Uribe and Lorent Saleh.

The Venezuelan government of President Nicolás Maduro has been under relentless and continuous attack since it was elected. It has been submitted to economic sabotage with contraband and withholding of food and goods, a deliberate campaign of false rumors, and three months of street violence to create the appearance of chaos and lack of governability. These subversive actions were deftly overcome by a government that stuck to the letter of the law, refused to take the bait of meeting violence with violence, and its call for peace included setting up negotiations with the opposition facilitated by ministers of neighboring countries. The Venezuelan people overwhelmingly repudiated the violent opposition tactics, and gave Mr. Maduro’s popularity an even larger boost.

In an attempt to produce “regime change”, violence has been intensified now to include assassinations. This was agreed upon in a meeting at Guadarrama, Spain at the end of June hosted by the Spanish spy agency CNI and the FAES - a think tank of the party Partido Popular of ex-president of Spain, Jose Maria Aznar. The USA’s CIA carries out the financing and training of the CNI, as Edward Snowdon has revealed.[i]

Two Venezuelan opposition leaders, Julio Borges and Ramon Muchacho, who were also behind the street violence, were present, and a video message from Maria Corina Machado was viewed. She could not be present as she is being investigated for her part in the street violence, which she enthusiastically led. Machado, as a standing member of Venezuela’s parliament, ignominiously accepted simultaneously the position of ambassador of Panama in order to address the OAS in 2014. According to the Constitution, she in effect, forfeited her condition of parliamentarian by representing a foreign government – and one, which at that time- was against Venezuela.

Machado, along with Lopez, instigated the street violence that cost so many deaths and millions in damages. Yet, holding such disdain for the rule of law, she was invited by the Canadian Council for the Americas to speak at the prestigious Canadian law firm of Cassel Brock and Blackwell last May. This was a clear example either of Canadian willful ignorance or connivance.

The imperial forces believe Venezuela’s oil is just too rich a prize to leave in the hands of its people. The sterling leadership that the country has shown in promoting the integration of Latin America for the purposes of solving its common social problems and to protect its natural resources is just unacceptable to the greed of multinationals, the United States, and their subservient allies who seem to think the petroleum is theirs to take.

The assassinations of Robert Serra and María Herrera, of Eliézer Otáiz head of Caracas Municipality 5 months ago, the killings during the street riots of last March that were led by paramilitary (not students as the world press stated) and the bombing death of district attorney Danilo Anderson ten years ago, as well as the hundreds of rural leaders that have been assassinated by paramilitary mercenaries hired by the large landowners, have only fed the determination of the Venezuelan people. They know that their Bolivarian government, no matter how besieged and no matter how big the problems, is a government on their side, not on the side of the powerful elites and their foreign owners that have never in Venezuelan history sided with the poor or the nation’s best interest.

As the crowds wound their slow way towards the cemetery where Robert Serra and María Herrera were to be buried, the ubiquitous cry that was heard at every step was: “Justice! Justice! We want justice!” The Venezuelan authorities dare not ignore this clamor.

(María Páez Victor, Ph.D. is a Venezuelan born sociologist living in Canada.

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

International Media Barely Raises Eyebrow over Assassination of Pro-Government Legislator in Venezuela:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/10945

'...When details of the assassination first emerged, including that Serra had been gagged, handcuffed and stabbed up to 40 times in his Caracas home, the hypothesis that the murder was an act of political terrorism linked to far-right extremists gained traction among several politicians, diplomats and academics. These observers pointed to the way Serra’s assassination was carried out, other recent assassinations or attempts on chavista figures, the presence of far-right armed groups in the “guarimba” barricades earlier this year, and the emergence of videos tying far-right Venezuelan activists with former Colombian president Alvaro Uribe. Perhaps the most forthright and unexpected statement came from UNASUR secretary general Ernesto Sampar, himself a former Colombian president, who tweeted that, “The assassination of the young legislator Robert Serra in Venezuela is a worrying sign of the infiltration of Colombian paramilitarism”...'

'..The second notable aspect of the coverage given to Serra’s murder was the media’s disinterest. Many outlets gave the event minimum reportage: the New York Times devoted one paragraph to the murder, while ABC went with a short re-post of an Associated Press article. Several other principal outlets in the English speaking world did not report the events at all. The UK Guardian, which has a correspondent in Caracas, opted not to cover the murder. The most recent article on the newspaper’s Venezuela section, dated 24th September, is about shortages of brand-name breast implants. On the same day, the paper also covered the jailing of three men convicted for the murders of former Miss Venezuela Monica Spear and her ex husband Thomas Berry, who were tragically killed during a highway robbery in central Venezuela in January...'

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela’s Maduro: Colombian Paramilitary Devised Serra Assassination, All Killers Identified:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10968

Mérida, 16th October 2014 (Venezuelanalysis.com) – 'All eight men who participated in the murder of pro-government lawmaker Robert Serra have been identified, said Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro in a press conference last night.

“This assassination was being prepared for over three months. It was directed by a Colombian whose legal identity we have not yet revealed. A Colombian paramilitary meticulously directed the whole preparation process of the crime. He used a gang directed by another thuggish murderer, Padilla Leyva, alias “Colombia,” Maduro told local and international media.

The Venezuelan president showed cctv footage of how six men entered Robert Serra’s house on Wednesday 1 October, saying that in five to six minutes both Serra and his assistant Maria Herrera were stabbed to death. Two other men waited outside with getaway vehicles.

According to Venezuelan authorities the “weak point” in Serra’s protection was his bodyguard Eduwin Camacho Torres, who had allegedly turned against Serra and was the person who let the other members of the gang into the young lawmaker’s Caracas home.

Two members of the group, including Torres, have been arrested and have confessed their role in the assassination, according to authorities. The names of the other alleged members of the gang were released last night, and officials pledge to find and arrest them.

The government will also request the assistance of Interpol in tracking down the suspects under the possibility that some may have fled the country.

“We request them; we’re going to look everywhere. We are also going to capture those who are intellectually responsible, whatever surname they have,” announced Maduro.

Destabilisation strategy

President Maduro tied Serra’s assassination to what he said was a planned destabilisation strategy against the Venezuelan state directed by far-right opposition figures in Venezuela, Colombia and the United States.

Maduro argued that a strategy of political terrorism began this year with a “violent onslaught” in February to May, when militant opposition street barricades shut down the normal functioning of several cities.

He also recalled the assassination of the pro-government head of a Caracas municipal council, Eliezer Otaiza, on 28 April, and the interception of paramilitaries from Colombia that same month that were allegedly travelling to the capital to assassinate top government politicians.

The arrest last month of two Venezuelan opposition activists, Lorent Gomez Saleh and Gabriel Valles, was also placed within this context. Videos were shown on Venezuelan state TV of the two discussing plans to attack the bridge linking Colombia and the Venezuelan state of Tachira. The two activists were expelled from Colombia for “national security reasons”.

There exist accusations that Saleh and Valles have connections to former right-wing Colombian president Alvaro Uribe.

Nicolas Maduro also claimed there’s evidence that assassination plans against education minister Hector Rodriguez and National Assembly president Diosdado Cabello had been foiled earlier this month, shortly after Serra’s assassination.

The Venezuelan president argued that “some media and imperial elites” did not understand that the destabilisation of Venezuela would unsettle the wider region.

“Only a stable, prosperous and working Venezuela, solving its problems in peace and democracy is the guarantee of a peaceful continent,” he said.'

Also good to know the Government is investigating massive currency frauds by companies:

Authorities Investigate 190 Companies for Currency Exchange Fraud in Venezuela:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10971

Mérida, 20th October 2014 (Venezuelanalysis.com) – Venezuelan authorities are investigating 190 companies for suspected fraudulent use of preferential dollars granted for product imports.

The investigations are part of a policy by President Nicolas Maduro, who last year set up a commission to identify incorrect use of foreign currency granted to companies in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

The South American country has maintained currency exchange controls since 2003 in order to prevent capital flight and plan the use of foreign currency earnings, which almost entirely come from oil sales. As a result access to foreign currency is limited, with companies and individuals applying to the state regulator if they wish to purchase foreign currency for imports, travel or foreign study.

The government currently operates three official exchange rates ranging between 6.3 and 50 bolivars to the US dollar. On the black or “parallel” market, a dollar can cost up to 100 bolivars. In consequence, there exists a speculative activity in Venezuela whereby those with access to preferential currency can sell this money or goods imported with it at a black market price for an immediate profit.

In the current phase of investigations, the currency exchange regulator Cencoex is summoning companies to demonstrate that they have used preferential foreign currency grants for the purpose that they were requested. If a company fails to do so, it is banned from requesting further access to foreign currency. It can also face a criminal investigation for fraudulent use of foreign currency, which may carry a prison sentence of 3 to 7 years for those involved.....'

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News for a change!

Venezuela Welcomes Reelection of Brazil’s Dilma Rousseff:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10988

Mérida, 27th October 2014 (Venezuelanalysis.com) – The reelection of Dilma Rouseff in Brazil and the first round victory by leftist Tabare Vazquez in Uruguay’s presidential election have been welcomed in Venezuela.

Rousseff ensured the continuance of Brazil’s Worker’s Party (PT) in power after seeing off a strong challenge by pro-business candidate Aecio Neves to win with 51.6% of the vote in Sunday’s second round presidential runoff.

The result means that Venezuela will continue to count on the region’s largest power as an ally. In an official statement, Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro congratulated Rousseff and said that her reelection demonstrated “commitment to the union of the South American, Latin American and Caribbean region”.

Maduro also offered “all of the support and commitment of the Bolivarian revolution to advance in the consolidation of a strategic alliance between Brazil and Venezuela”. The two countries have been close since former presidents Hugo Chavez (PSUV, Venezuela) and Lula da Silva (PT, Brazil) led the region’s “left turn” in the 2000s.

Referencing the recent re-election of left-wing Evo Morales as president of Bolivia, top Venezuelan minister Elias Jaua argued yesterday, “The victories of Evo and Dilma demolish the thesis of the end of the cycle of left wing governments in Latin America”.

The Venezuelan left also warmly noted the victory of Tabare Velazquez in the first round of Uruguay’s presidential election yesterday. The potential successor to outgoing president Jose Mujica achieved 47.8% of the vote ahead of conservative rival Luis Lacalle Pou on 31.1%. The two candidates will face a final runoff on 30 November.

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela Holds 10 for Lawmaker Robert Serra’s Murder:
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/10994

'..The crime was carried out by six men, according to President Nicolas Maduro, who says the killings were politically motivated and that "the Venezuelan ultra-right" is involved.

The double-murder was ordered by right-wing paramilitaries based in neighboring Colombia and the killers were paid $500,000, Maduro said last week.

The president has also disclosed that the police officer responsible for Serra's security is among the people charged in the case.

While Maduro has said that Colombia's former President Alvaro Uribe was one of those behind the killings, Venezuelan authorities have not leveled any formal accusations against the Colombian.'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: