FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Israel's Crimes Against Palestinians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Israel's Crimes Against Palestinians Reply with quote

ACTION ALERT

AL AQSA UNDER ATTACK
Israel fully closes holy site for first time since 1967

(CHICAGO 10/30/2014) – Since 1967, Al Aqsa, Islam’s third holiest site, has been threatened by Israeli imperialist and apartheid policies. But since last summer, a rise in the ultra-right, extremist Temple Movement has resulted in frequent incursions of racist Jewish settlers -- protected by Israeli Occupation Forces -- into the mosque sanctuary.

Now, Israel has completely SHUT DOWN Al Aqsa and its surroundings. This is extremely troubling, given the effort by many in the Knesset to partition Al Aqsa in the same manner as the Ibrahimi mosque in Hebron, where Palestinians are prohibited from two-thirds of their mosque, which only Jews now can enter. There is also a new bill in the Knesset to ban the Adhan, or Muslim call to prayer.

International laws guarantee freedom of religion worldwide. Even American law mandates the US government must hold accountable foreign governments that “engage in or tolerate ‘particularly severe’ violations of religious freedom.”

The American Muslims for Palestine (AMP) asserts it is time we hold Israel to the same standards as the rest of the world.

TAKE ACTION

1. Attend one of AMP’s upcoming sessions on Al Aqsa and the Judaization of Jerusalem.

2.Register for AMP’s 7th annual Conference for Palestine in the US: Gaza Teaches Life!, where you will learn how you can help Gaza and Al Aqsa. Register by Sunday for 40% OFF!

3. Join in today’s Social Media campaign and Tweet for Aqsa.

Post pictures of yourself with the hashtag #SaveAlAqsa.

Join the campaign from 3-4 p.m. CDT.

SAMPLE TWEETS
AMP condemns closure of Al Aqsa http://bit.ly/106Cc13
#SaveAlAqsa

Religious freedom is a right enshrined in law @JohnKerry #SaveAlAqsa http://bit.ly/106Cc13

Tell Israel to abide by international law and open Aqsa @StateDept http://bit.ly/106Cc13
#SaveAlAqsa

4. Call the US State Department at 202.647.5291, then press ‘1’.

TALKING POINTS
a. We must hold Israel to the same religious freedom standards as we do other countries.

b. We must withhold US aid until Israel complies with international law.

c. US support for Israel hurts our standing worldwide and threatens our national security.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------

American Muslims for Palestine
10101 S. Roberts Road
Palos Hills, IL 60465
info@ampalestine.org

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After recently stopping tax revenues due to the Palestinian Authority, now Rand Paul jumps on the bandwagon (with an unabashed eye on the votes it will garner him) by introducing legislation to stop US aid to Palestine unless they stop the attempt to join the ICC!!!!!

Here's part of an email I got from Code Pink:

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul introduced absurd legislation this week that would cut off U.S. aid to Palestinians unless they withdraw their application to join the International Criminal Court. The UN General Assembly and Secretary General Ban Ki-moon assert that any state is allowed to join the International Criminal Court.

If passed, this legislation would come on top of Israel's decision to withhold $127 million dollars in tax revenue from the Palestinian Authority. Cutting off U.S. aid will only further hurt the Palestinian people.
Senator Paul’s bill is a reversal of his historic anti-interventionist position on foreign policy, a position that has elicited criticism from the war hawks in the Republican party. His decision to introduce this legislation is merely political posturing as a hopeful presidential candidate. He knows it, we know it, and the hawks know it! Cozying up to the right-wing Republican base to get elected is shameful. Sign the petition and take action today by telling Rand Paul to Stop Bullying Palestinians!
In solidarity and with hope for 2015!
Alli, Anna, Katie, Kristen, Jodie, Medea, Sergei, Sophia, Tighe

PS: Don't for get to save the date for #ShutDownAIPAC this March, when activists will converge to demand justice and an end to AIPAC's era of power in Washington!
PPS: Check out this video of the CODEPINK DC team protesting for a Free Palestine outside of a Republican Party fundraiser!

Whitehall_Bin_Men
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take the time to read this important report by Zenia Stampe, a Danish politician, about her recent trip on June 2017 to Israel.
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155288144951113&id=539 061112

"I am a Danish politician and Member of the Danish Parliament. I have just returned from a week in Israel and Palestine. The trip concluded with a very unusual experience. We were meeting with a political director from the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He also happens to be the next Ambassador to Denmark. We discussed the situation in the Middle East. But towards the end of the meeting he changed the subject and began attacking Facebook updates I have written in Danish.
It is very unusual for a diplomat to argue with a politician from abroad. It shows how sensitive the Israeli government is to foreign criticism. It also shows that Israelis tend to think they can intimidate critics into silence.
But I will not be silenced. I have seen systematic and deliberate breaches of international law during the last week. I intend to speak out. And now I know the Israeli government is listening.
And that's why I ask you to read and share my post with your network. For the further it reaches, the more seriously the Israeli government will be forced to address it.
We often hear the Israeli government using “security considerations” to justify their politicies But one thing is now only too clear to me: Israel is making systematic efforts to drive the Palestinians out of large areas of the occupied territories. Israel is in the process of colonizing the areas that were intended to become the Palestinian state. And the word security is a thin layer of varnish applied by Israel to cover that policy.
Let me provide just four examples:

1. Confiscation of Palestinian houses
Israeli law allows any Jewish Israelis to claim homes where Jews lived before 1948. Note that this is taking place in the occupied territories, not in Israel. This means that an Israeli Jew can knock on the door of a house where a Palestinian family has lived for generations. They can obtain a court order to force the family to move out; the settlers then move in. Most often they put a huge Israeli flag on the roof. And the Israeli military is now obliged to protect the house. So the neighbours suddenly see their street turned into a militarized area. The children play among heavily armed soldiers and checkpoints.
How can this policy benefit Israel's security in any way?

2. Settlements
There are currently 600,000 Israeli settlers living in the Palestinian territories, and the number is rising rapidly. According to international law the settlements are illegal. An occupying power must not transfer its own population to occupied territory. But the most critical aspect is not the growth in the number of settlers but the systematic confiscation of Palestinian land, the demolition of Palestinian property, the depletion of natural resources, and the compulsory relocation of Palestinians. These are all breaches of international law, and a de facto colonization of the Palestinians' country.
This is not just a matter of principle. I have witnessed demolitions. I have spoken to farmers driven off land where they have lived and which they worked for generations. I have seen settlements covering larger and larger areas on the West Bank and in East Jerusalem, with security walls, control towers and huge security zones. If this development continues Palestine will become like a Swiss cheese, where all that is left for the Palestinians is the holes in the cheese. The Palestinians are confined to ghettos in their own country.
How can this in any way be justified by security considerations?

3. Living Conditions
Palestinians in large areas of the West Bank must submit applications in Israel to extend their homes, dig wells, etc. But their applications are systematically rejected. They find water supplies get cut off and electrical installations destroyed by the military. Meanwhile they see the settlements in the area constantly expanding and being given unrestricted access to electricity and water. I have stood on a road where the Palestinians on one side of the road only had a little water, while the settlers on the other side of the road had all the water they needed. It is not just a problem for individual families and businesses forced to cope with very limited resources. This is also a huge obstacle to the Palestinian economy because it impedes the creation of jobs. We visited a farm and a brewery, both of which were very well run and had considerable potential. But when you only have very limited access to water and do not know when it's going to be cut off, it's hard to expand production.
What has any of this to do with security?

4. The security wall
Israel has the right to protect its borders from potential terrorists. This includes the right to build a wall. But Israel's security wall is not on the Israeli border and it does not separate Israelis from Palestinians. The wall cuts through Palestine and prevents Palestinians from accessing their own farmlands, schools, institutions, hospitals, and jobs. Thousands of Palestinians cross the wall every day but doing so requires permits and hours of waiting in chaotic conditions.
The wall is therefore a clear breach of international law, and it cannot be justified by security considerations. If this were about security, the wall would surely be located along the green line: the internationally recognized border between Israel and Palestine. And why does Israel at least not provide a proper number of operational checkpoints so that Palestinians can cross the wall quickly? Chaotic scenes with thousands of desperate people queuing for hours and hours are normal. It's sheer harassment.
How can this be of any value in terms of security considerations?
-

I know many Jews and many Israelis. I understand and respect how centuries of persecution have created a need for security, both in terms of protection from persecution in the many countries where Jews live and in the mere fact that Israel exists as a safe haven. I will stand up for this at all times.
But the Israeli government is pursuing goals that are not about security. They are about a land grab; about taking over the little the Palestinians have left. It is a slow and deliberate displacement of the Palestinians from their own country. This must not go unremarked. We have a duty to criticize it.
I look forward to welcoming the new Israeli ambassador to Denmark. He must know that many Danes follow what is going on in Israel and Palestine. Many of us are gravely concerned. And we are not going to remain silent

Please share. Thanks!

Susiya.
Susiya has been demolished by the Israeli military six times and is subject to a standing demolition order. On the horizon, the watchtower of the settlement that Israel says is threatened by the village. Which is why the village is to be demolished.
But actually, who is threatening who?

http://aanirfan.blogspot.com
Martin Van Creveld: Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."
Martin Van Creveld: I'll quote Henry Kissinger: "In campaigns like this the antiterror forces lose, because they don't win, and the rebels win by not losing."
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitehall_Bin_Men wrote:
Please take the time to read this important report by Zenia Stampe, a Danish politician, about her recent trip on June 2017 to Israel.
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155288144951113&id=539 061112

"I am a Danish politician and Member of the Danish Parliament. I have just returned from a week in Israel and Palestine. The trip concluded with a very unusual experience. We were meeting with a political director from the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He also happens to be the next Ambassador to Denmark. We discussed the situation in the Middle East. But towards the end of the meeting he changed the subject and began attacking Facebook updates I have written in Danish.
It is very unusual for a diplomat to argue with a politician from abroad. It shows how sensitive the Israeli government is to foreign criticism. It also shows that Israelis tend to think they can intimidate critics into silence.
But I will not be silenced. I have seen systematic and deliberate breaches of international law during the last week. I intend to speak out. And now I know the Israeli government is listening.
And that's why I ask you to read and share my post with your network. For the further it reaches, the more seriously the Israeli government will be forced to address it.
We often hear the Israeli government using “security considerations” to justify their politicies But one thing is now only too clear to me: Israel is making systematic efforts to drive the Palestinians out of large areas of the occupied territories. Israel is in the process of colonizing the areas that were intended to become the Palestinian state. And the word security is a thin layer of varnish applied by Israel to cover that policy.
Let me provide just four examples:

1. Confiscation of Palestinian houses
Israeli law allows any Jewish Israelis to claim homes where Jews lived before 1948. Note that this is taking place in the occupied territories, not in Israel. This means that an Israeli Jew can knock on the door of a house where a Palestinian family has lived for generations. They can obtain a court order to force the family to move out; the settlers then move in. Most often they put a huge Israeli flag on the roof. And the Israeli military is now obliged to protect the house. So the neighbours suddenly see their street turned into a militarized area. The children play among heavily armed soldiers and checkpoints.
How can this policy benefit Israel's security in any way?

2. Settlements
There are currently 600,000 Israeli settlers living in the Palestinian territories, and the number is rising rapidly. According to international law the settlements are illegal. An occupying power must not transfer its own population to occupied territory. But the most critical aspect is not the growth in the number of settlers but the systematic confiscation of Palestinian land, the demolition of Palestinian property, the depletion of natural resources, and the compulsory relocation of Palestinians. These are all breaches of international law, and a de facto colonization of the Palestinians' country.
This is not just a matter of principle. I have witnessed demolitions. I have spoken to farmers driven off land where they have lived and which they worked for generations. I have seen settlements covering larger and larger areas on the West Bank and in East Jerusalem, with security walls, control towers and huge security zones. If this development continues Palestine will become like a Swiss cheese, where all that is left for the Palestinians is the holes in the cheese. The Palestinians are confined to ghettos in their own country.
How can this in any way be justified by security considerations?

3. Living Conditions
Palestinians in large areas of the West Bank must submit applications in Israel to extend their homes, dig wells, etc. But their applications are systematically rejected. They find water supplies get cut off and electrical installations destroyed by the military. Meanwhile they see the settlements in the area constantly expanding and being given unrestricted access to electricity and water. I have stood on a road where the Palestinians on one side of the road only had a little water, while the settlers on the other side of the road had all the water they needed. It is not just a problem for individual families and businesses forced to cope with very limited resources. This is also a huge obstacle to the Palestinian economy because it impedes the creation of jobs. We visited a farm and a brewery, both of which were very well run and had considerable potential. But when you only have very limited access to water and do not know when it's going to be cut off, it's hard to expand production.
What has any of this to do with security?

4. The security wall
Israel has the right to protect its borders from potential terrorists. This includes the right to build a wall. But Israel's security wall is not on the Israeli border and it does not separate Israelis from Palestinians. The wall cuts through Palestine and prevents Palestinians from accessing their own farmlands, schools, institutions, hospitals, and jobs. Thousands of Palestinians cross the wall every day but doing so requires permits and hours of waiting in chaotic conditions.
The wall is therefore a clear breach of international law, and it cannot be justified by security considerations. If this were about security, the wall would surely be located along the green line: the internationally recognized border between Israel and Palestine. And why does Israel at least not provide a proper number of operational checkpoints so that Palestinians can cross the wall quickly? Chaotic scenes with thousands of desperate people queuing for hours and hours are normal. It's sheer harassment.
How can this be of any value in terms of security considerations?
-

I know many Jews and many Israelis. I understand and respect how centuries of persecution have created a need for security, both in terms of protection from persecution in the many countries where Jews live and in the mere fact that Israel exists as a safe haven. I will stand up for this at all times.
But the Israeli government is pursuing goals that are not about security. They are about a land grab; about taking over the little the Palestinians have left. It is a slow and deliberate displacement of the Palestinians from their own country. This must not go unremarked. We have a duty to criticize it.
I look forward to welcoming the new Israeli ambassador to Denmark. He must know that many Danes follow what is going on in Israel and Palestine. Many of us are gravely concerned. And we are not going to remain silent

Please share. Thanks!

Susiya.
Susiya has been demolished by the Israeli military six times and is subject to a standing demolition order. On the horizon, the watchtower of the settlement that Israel says is threatened by the village. Which is why the village is to be demolished.
But actually, who is threatening who?

The link doesn't work - this one does:
https://www.facebook.com/zeniastampe/posts/1787904584559035:0

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palestinians reject new inspection measures at al-Aqsa Mosque

Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTj8T1_LQ8

StephenSizerRoadmapToArmageddon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  197.65 KB
 Viewed:  13 Time(s)

StephenSizerRoadmapToArmageddon.jpg

www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H Folks,

'Arrest of Palestinians for Potential Terror Attacks Brings New Meaning to 'Minority Report': http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.785470

'800 Palestinians have been arrested by Israeli and PA security forces as a result of a computerized program that tries to predict lone-wolf attacks based on social media posts. But how can you jail someone for a crime they haven't committed?

Channel 10 reported earlier this month that the Israel Defense Forces and Shin Bet security service had arrested 400 Palestinians who were seen as lone-wolf terrorists. They were “arrested before they set out to carry out terror attacks.” The suspects were identified through the use of a computerized program that analyzed social media posts.
The station's military correspondent, Or Heller, attributed the drop in the number of terrorist attacks to the cyberprogram. What made the story even more bizarre was the fact that a few minutes earlier, journalist Ronen Bergman – who reported the story – had said the exact opposite: That despite the system’s existence, it was impossible to identify lone-wolf attackers.
The Channel 10 report was followed by an item in Haaretz, which claimed the method had "significantly reduced” the number of terror attacks. But it hedged that claim and spoke of 400 detainees who had intended to carry out terror attacks, not that they were actively caught just before setting out to commit them.

But what was lacking in these reports were the burning questions: How is it possible for Israeli security forces to arrest young Palestinians over things they have not done? How can they be convicted of a crime when they haven’t done anything? And how is it that such a dystopian TV report could appear without any criticism?
The repeated claim that use of the system has achieved substantial results is an amazing one that is impossible to verify. By the same measure, those who attribute the drop in the number of attacks to an algorithm could also attribute it to the average temperature this spring in comparison to last....'

As usual, the world's politicians and MSM look the other way.
And Israel continues to arm and assist the real head-chopping terrorists.

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Conscientious objector: 'I refuse to be a tool of the gov't':
https://972mag.com/conscientious-objector-sent-to-prison-i-refuse-to-b e-a-tool-of-the-govt/129146/#comment_form_wrap

'Hadas Tal is the latest Israeli to publicly refuse to join the Israeli army because of its human rights violations against Palestinians. Before heading to prison, she speaks about her about her family’s reaction, the potential consequences of her decision, and why so many conscientious objectors are women....'

'....In her refusal statement Hadas wrote:

Until the 10th grade I did not know there is an occupation. I recently found a map I had drawn in the 9th grade — the occupied territories did not appear there, only empty space. But in the 10th grade I began to develop a political consciousness. I read articles on “Local Call,” testimonies from “Breaking the Silence,” posts on social media, and I was exposed to a reality I did not know previously – the occupation. The helplessness of a population controlled by soldiers. I remember especially the revelation that so close to me there is a world where soldiers who do not speak your language enter your family home in the middle of the night as a routine thing. By the 11th grade I already knew that I would refuse to enlist.
I assume that the high school you went to has a strong military ethos. How did those around you react to your refusal to be drafted?

It wasn’t a big surprise for my family, we’ve been talking about these things for a long time. But the army is very central at school. In 11th grade they were already talking to us a lot about ‘meaningful [military] service,’ to the point that it turned into a kind of joke. They’re proud of graduates who perform ‘meaningful [military] service,’ who serve their country and all that. And there are a lot of activities that are tied to the military in 12th grade, not just at the initiative of the school but also of the students themselves.”....'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: