FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kill Anything That Moves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Recommended reading, listening & viewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Kill Anything That Moves Reply with quote

I have just finished reading ‘Kill Anything That Moves’ by Nick Turse. I’m sure you’ve all heard of the ‘My Lai Massacre’; well, you may have heard of it, but you will know little about it, unless you have read Nick’s book, were involved, heard about it from someone with first-hand knowledge, or were part of the military cover-up.
For one thing, it was not one massacre, but two, the other in My Khe, by a completely separate Army group, two miles away, was secretly lumped in with the My Lai Massacre, to make it appear it was a one’off.
In reality, My Lai’s were going on all over Vietnam, the only difference is the number of victims and that most weren’t exposed in the Media. Many worse cases occurred, all over Vietnam, but they were suppressed. Would-be whistle-blowers were threatened, or actually murdered with ‘Friendly Fire’, which was blamed on the VC.
The only one of the My Lai perps to get jail time was Lt. Calley, and for the crime of murdering 109 ‘Oriental Human Beings'(!!!!) he served just 40 months, much of it in his own quarters.
The book has extensive notes; Nick Turse traveled all over Vietnam and the US interviewing victims, perpetrators and eye-witnesses.
It’s not an easy book to read, page after page of atrocities, most known only to perps and survivors.
But it is a very pertinent book, giving the endless stream of wars the US and NATO have embarked on, and needs to be widely read.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Recommended reading, listening & viewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: